5 replies to this topic

#1 C5foru

C5foru

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

Any suggestions on how I would set the HD500 to toggle between 2 Amps with the Switches and use the Top row for the effects?

I had an XTLive and did not like using 3 different Patches A:Clean B:Distorted Rhythm C:Solo

I would like to Somehow Toggle,say A: Clean/Distortion Then use the top FS buttons for effects on and off  Then B: Different Amp Clean/Distorted top FS toggle effects on and off

Is this possible or is there and easier way?

Thanks For advice everyone.

#2 GTLazer

GTLazer

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

I'm afraid 3 patches is going to be your best option. You can only have two amps in any one patch, regardless of whether you use them both at once or one at a time.

You like my answer? Hit the up arrow. You no like my answer? Hit the down arrow. Sorted.

#3 moondancer

moondancer

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

I don't really understand your problem.

You like to use FS1-4 as effect switch and FS 5-8 as toggle switch between amps. That is the normal way. Create patch A with the desired effects and amp model 1, then save it also as patch B and change the amp model. Same efx's different sounds.

Handicap: if you switch from patch A to B you will get the stored on/off mode for the efx's.

I sometimes use two amps in one patch and toggle them with the pedal in pan-mode. Advantage: you can mix two sounds, handicap limited memory. You can only use less efx's.

To toggle between clean/distortet sound, you can use the distortion modules within a clean amp model. Instead of toggle between A/B use pedal as pan between channel A without distortion and B with distortion.

Or another possibility: use the toeswitch of the pedal for on/off distortion.

So feel free to find your best way. I use them all.

BTW I guess there is a mode were you don't switch between bank A-D but use the switches as on/off switch for efx's. But I haven't the HD500 just around me and I am not quite sure how to do this. Just have a look in your manual.

But always keep in mind: Using 2 amp-models in one patch will limit your memory extremly!

Stay tuned brothers

Regards Edgar

#4 C5foru

C5foru

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

Thanks Gentlemen

#5 joemama78

joemama78

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

In pedalboard mode, when you press the bank button, the bottom switches select presets A-D, then automatically go back to controlling FX. If you are trying to do everything on one patch, then you shouldn't need the bottom 4 in preset mode, which opens you up to have amp A effects on top and amp B effects on the bottom.

I don't know enough about amp settings and running dual amps, so I can't be of much help there.

#6 C5foru

C5foru

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users