4 replies to this topic

#1 timothybaugh

timothybaugh

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

I have found that everything goes silent for a split second when switching between patches on an HD500. Is there anyway to fix this?

The HD500 is connected to an amp using the four cable method.

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11460 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

There is inevitably a lag of a fraction of a second while the device loads a new preset. This is usually not very noticeable, but it is there. There is a more noticeable lag when connected via usb to your computer and running the editor. If you are connected when noticing this, just disconnect.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 gunpointmetal

gunpointmetal

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

not much to do about it besides timing your changes live.....its really almost non-noticeable unless you're playing on your own.

The amount of effects/what they are can affect the changeover time as well...its takes longer to load a clean tone with 7 effects that a dirt tone with just a gate and a boost, so for live think about less DSP intensive effects where you can, as well.

#4 pfsmith0

pfsmith0

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Not to be disrespectful to the above posters, but Idisagree. The gap is most definitely noticeable - even in a band setting. There is nothing you can do about it. You have to work around it. I'm at the point where I try not to use ABCD patch switches anymore. Only 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 FX switches. It works well but limits your sounds to only 1 amp per song, unless you setup a dual-amp configuration in which case you're limited in how many effects you can add in. Removing ABCD patch switches also complicates turning on-off multiple FX with one stomp. So you have to pick which limitation you're willing to work around.

#5 gunpointmetal

gunpointmetal

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

I gotta meet these people who play in bands that all go silent in between patch changes.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users