4 replies to this topic

#1 Fuaimador

Fuaimador

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

I started using the M20d in February this year & so far I have had some great results....

the only disaster was a gig where the power was pulled while the M20d was still recording & I lost all the recording.........

Most of the recordings to date are here ....I hope you like them :-)

http://www.youtube.com/user/babcn

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

OK.

I'll just shrug my shoulders and merely accept that folks can use the clips you've posted to confirm for themselves something that we've known for some time, being that M20d technology is indeed first rate ...and don't get me wrong, your taking the time to do that "posting" is a wonderfully generous act of "public service",

...BUT...

...no matter how fabulous any such piece (or collection) of technology may be, technology totally pales into insignificance when compared to the hard-earned craft, skill, artistry and sheer good taste on display from everyone who was involved in the production of those clips.

....I hope you like them :-)

Nah. I don't "like" them.

I'm in absolute awe...  

...almost as much as I was awestruck to hear on the latest clip that (apparently) a sentient being actually existed who could "work" the traffic lights from Dun Laoghaire to Dublin.

Great craic ! 

#3 Fuaimador

Fuaimador

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hi Ron,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to look through the clips on YouTube.....and secondly, I'm completely knocked out by your comments, all I can say is WOW ! I didn't expect such praise,

Thank You :-)))

#4 tinorios

tinorios

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNorthwest FL, USA

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

Me too WOW!

He must have been a great human being.

The music and sound reproduction were superb. Couldn't even tell it was live until the clapping at the end.

My eyes watered during the video. Very touching!

#5 Fuaimador

Fuaimador

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

Hi Tinorios,

I am guessing you are referring to John Wadham......He was a wonderful human being & great musician.... He was & still is a legend here in Dublin. Throughout his career played with most if not all of the jazz greats from home, the UK, Europe & USA....sadly missed.

Thank you for your comments, very much appreciated..........With the gear being as good as this & portable enough to record small gigs I think some people assume the musicians are miming, being so used to ambient clips on Youtube recorded on a phone.

It is perversely flattering, but completely misses the point ....I would be very interested to hear the results others have had with the m20d & any tricks or pitfalls they have come across...mine being the power outage before the recording was stopped ......24 gigs of silence :-((

Again, thanks for the comments, & apologies for the late reply, as I only spotted it just now :-))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users