#1 fblamauer

fblamauer

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

I love my HD100 MkII now that Line 6 has fixed a couple pet peeves of mine but one still remains.

The quick loop is a very useful tool, especially when practising solos or other parts, which is my primary use for this feature. But, can you play a 12 bar blues pattern in 14 seconds? I am ammazed that I have not found any other complaints about this fairly obvious failing of this feature.

Is there a mod of some kind to increase the loop time beyond the very limiting 14 seconds?

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15376 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

its a hardware limitation... there is no fix...

I love my HD100 MkII now that Line 6 has fixed a couple pet peeves of mine but one still remains.

The quick loop is a very useful tool, especially when practising solos or other parts, which is my primary use for this feature. But, can you play a 12 bar blues pattern in 14 seconds? I am ammazed that I have not found any other complaints about this fairly obvious failing of this feature.

Is there a mod of some kind to increase the loop time beyond the very limiting 14 seconds?

#3 fblamauer

fblamauer

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

Well I was thinking there might be a programming modification that changes the way the available memory is used. I understand that it is probably not pheasible to modify the circuit board.

14 seconds....who came up with that in the first place. Poor design.

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15376 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

if i recall correctly... it didn't even ship with a looper at all... i think that came with a firmware update.

meaning it was never part of the original design, and they figured a way later to make something usable.. (even if imperfect)

of course i could be wrong since i don't have the amp... just seem to recall discussions when the firmware update was released.

Well I was thinking there might be a programming modification that changes the way the available memory is used. I understand that it is probably not pheasible to modify the circuit board.

14 seconds....who came up with that in the first place. Poor design.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users