Photo

Hd500 Vocoder - Use Aux-in As Carrier Signal?

pod hd500 hd500x vocoder

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bclikesyou

bclikesyou

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hey all-

Curious if you can have one signal path be a vocoder with the carrier signal being a synth plugged in via aux in rather than a guitar.

So the programmed synth parts would control the pitch and sound rather than the guitar.

Essentially I want my guitar to be one signal path with it's own effects and then the 2nd signal path be the vocoder filter + synth via aux in.

My setup right now is that I use an EHX V256. Plug my mic in and plug an outside synth in via 1/4".

Sounds great, but I get some ducking and squashing since I have no compression or gate on the vocoder.

Rather than buy more pedals or a compressor, I'm considering the HD500 which would allow me to put these effects on the vocal path.

Thanks!

#2 pfsmith0

pfsmith0

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Yes, you can have the aux input and guitar input be two seperate independat signal paths. You can mix them together at the end or pan one to 100% R and the other 100% left and send them out their own outputs as well.

#3 bclikesyou

bclikesyou

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Yes, you can have the aux input and guitar input be two seperate independat signal paths. You can mix them together at the end or pan one to 100% R and the other 100% left and send them out their own outputs as well.

So to use the vocoder I would need a mic plugged in + the aux in (carrier signal). This can all be it's own signal path?

#4 pfsmith0

pfsmith0

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

OK, I think I understand what you're asking. You'd like guitar in signal chain #1 and mic+aux on signal chain #2. No, you can't do that. The mic is by itself. Your available options on each of the signal chains is:

Guitar
Mic
Aux
Guitar+Aux
Guitar+Variax
Guitar+Aux+Variax
Variax
Variax Mags

#5 bclikesyou

bclikesyou

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Bummer!

Thanks for the reply tho.

Was hoping the HD would replace my entire setup.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod, hd500, hd500x, vocoder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users