#1 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

The old forums had some good tips and instructions for tube biasing so I put them in a PDF for us to reference in case they take the old pages down.

The voltages in a tube amp can kill you in a heartbeat.  Do not attempt this unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing.

Attached Files

Picture4.png

#2 stumblinman

stumblinman

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

The old forums had some good tips and instructions for tube biasing so I put them in a PDF for us to reference in case they take the old pages down.

The voltages in a tube amp can kill you in a heartbeat. Do not attempt this unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing.

Very kind of you!

#3 mrkphpps

mrkphpps

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Nice one - thanks.

Downloaded and saved for reference, and safety advice duly noted.

#4 ozbadman

ozbadman

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1689 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

thanks for doing this radatats.

The voltages in a tube amp can kill you in a heartbeat.  Do not attempt this unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing.

Yeah, yeah, ye.... (pfft) :(

#5 dgulli

dgulli

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

hmm.. anyone have any instructions on how to do this specifically for the DT50 head? i may need to replace my valves as it doesnt appear there is power getting to them :/

#6 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

no offense to anybody but, wasn't that exactly what I posted at the beginning?  dgulli, did you even open the attachment????  :blink:

Picture4.png

#7 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

no offense to anybody but, wasn't that exactly what I posted at the beginning?  dgulli, did you even open the attachment????  :blink:

I removed that post out of respect for you radatats, sorry I don't know why I posted that. lol. It was very redundant. Thanks BTW for all your help in leading me to good information, Oh and Uhhhh I did download and open the PDF. :)

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#8 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

no worries bro, glad I could help a little bit...

Picture4.png

#9 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

no worries bro, glad I could help a little bit...

Your too humble Bro. Actually that was a big help.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users