Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv Guitar Stand?

I had problems with a "normal" guitar stand as the VDI cable was at exactly where the supports was, so the guitar was at a silly angle and I didn't like the idea that the socket was taking the weight of the guitar.

I now have one of these http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GS414B.html which supports the guitar from the head just like those hung on a wall  - it is much more stable that it looks because for some reason the photo shows it extended for a bass or something when in practice it only needs extending up one step.  Our Bass player has one of the double headed ones (GS422B).

Some stands may interfere with the place where the VDI or even Jack connects! I have an old stand like this one http://images.guitarcenter.com/products/optionLarge/MusiciansGear/DV016_Jpg_Large_580387.001_black_R.jpg and I can't place the guitar with the cable connected, so what I do is just close it to the previous pin marker and voilá!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven using the Hercules tri-stand version for about 8 years, and it has really been good to use. I used to take 3 guitars Variax 300, LP, and Ovation A/E and needed all 3, but now I take my 2 JTV's - 59 & 69S, but still use the tri stand - just used to it.... Folds up nice in my gear bag, doesn't take as much floor space as 2 separate stands, etc. Nice & stable. The other guitarist in the band has a Hercules bi-stand, but it takes up about the same space as my tri.

Dave