#1 lowyaw

lowyaw

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Despite being a long-time POD HD user, I recently ran into a problem, that seemed really odd to me.

In the POD:
I have inputs set to Input 1: "Guitar", Input 2: "Variax", to avoid signal doubling.
There is one single amp in the patch, in mono.
Mixer set to both channels at 0 degrees (center).
There's 1 FX block post mixer, which is reverb.
I run only 1 xlr (left or right) as mono send to FOH board.

The channel in the FOH board has got pan set to center.

And I get only one channel working in the FOH. To have guitar in both channels, I have to set input 2 to "same" or "guitar", so there's sound in both sides of the FOH system.

I don't f***ng get it. The outs are mono per se, unless they're panned in the Mixer block, right? There's a mono patch, I send mono signal from the XLR out to a mono channel on the board, HOW ON THE EARTH the sound is only in one channel?

#2 radatats

radatats

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

positive this is a mixer board issue. as hurghanico said, check channel pan, bus assignment, etc.  the other possibility is you are being put into a stereo strip on the board and are only hitting one side with your mono signal.  make sure they are putting you into a mono strip, panned to center.

Quit complaining and DO something or help somebody with their issues...

#3 lowyaw

lowyaw

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

i posted it right after the gig. as soon as i switch both inputs on, the signal is in both sides. i am kinda.. terrified. will do more tests next week and report back. and yes i do understand, that it's an impossible scenario, but it does happen and it's NOT the first time. will have to check thoroughly the rest of the chain post modeler.