#1 Monter

Monter

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

HI

I want to assign a vomue increase to a FS for raiing the volume for soloing. I do not want to use the EXP1 pedal, nor use an EQ or any other pedal that adds colour or gain, I want a pure volume increase as if turning up the master volume nut a tad.

• In preset mode I was thinking that I could assign the FS to an increase in the master volume of the amp for the preset but could not get this to work.
  • Using the HD500x as a pedal board (in global mode now) I sort of expected to see something like the MXR micro amp because it is in the L6 gallery, but .. nothing of the kind seems to exist in the HD500x effects without adding colour or gain.  

Any ideas?

#2 DeanDinosaur

DeanDinosaur

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

HI

I want to assign a vomue increase to a FS for raiing the volume for soloing. I do not want to use the EXP1 pedal, nor use an EQ or any other pedal that adds colour or gain, I want a pure volume increase as if turning up the master volume nut a tad..........

Any ideas?

Based on what you describe, the only thing that can accomplish it is copying the preset to another location, increase the volume on the copied preset by  turning up the master volume and save it in the new location so that when you press the FS to change to the new preset  you get a pure volume boost. 

#3 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

Based on what you describe, the only thing that can accomplish it is copying the preset to another location, increase the volume on the copied preset by  turning up the master volume and save it in the new location so that when you press the FS to change to the new preset  you get a pure volume boost. 

My blind!! XD

#4 brian6string

brian6string

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

Isn't that what the Boost Comp effect is for? Just add that to your patch(es),assign it to a footswitch, done.

#5 utubebenscott

utubebenscott

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Put a volume pedal in your patch, set it to say 50%, set your amp up/effects up to your normal volume you play at whilst it's set at 50%, when you want a boost, just go up to 100%.

OR

Do a dual amp patch, set both the amps the same but have one with louder volume than the other. (Make sure the mixer is central both left and right)

Assign the footswitch so you can blend from the one amp to the other, 

Simply use it to fade to the other which has the higher volume

#6 SiCantwell

SiCantwell

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

If you don't use your FX loop, run a cable from the Out to the In, then assign the FX loop to a FS. You can raise the dB on the FX return to get a clean boost.
Or use the Studio EQ, or the Midrange EQ, with the gain set at your desired level.

#7 Monter

Monter

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Thanks to everyone for responding, assigning a closed FX loop to a FS might just work in both preset and global settings, so i'll give that a go

#8 Leftzilla

Leftzilla

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationBurlington, VT

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

I use the FX loop to get a 3db boost for soloing and it works extremely well, in some of my patches I also assign a very subtle phase shifter to the same button to liven up the solo even more.

#9 spaceatl

spaceatl

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4665 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

+1 on the FX Loop Boost....I used that trick with the HD400 also as it is a bit more limited than the 500...I did find on cleaner tones, putting it in front of the model was helpful...behind it for the more saturated tones...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users