3 replies to this topic

#1 tangierc

tangierc

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hello folks. In church we've been recently experiencing dropouts with our handheld mic and are unsure why.  We haven't added anything to our setup.  I was just curious about some of your best practices and advice.  The distance between the receiver and the handheld mic is about 35 feet, 50 feet max.  I'm reading other Line6 support docs to get a grip on this, but wanted to ask these questions in the meantime.  Batteries are fresh with these dropouts by the way.

Our receiver is pretty close to an Apple Mac Mini.  Would that cause a problem if the airport antenna in the Mac Mini is on?

Do you can for signals each time you power your receiver or do you power it up, turn on the handheld receiver and go?

Cell phones - what's your take on that?

Our pastor has been holding the mic at the bottom lately.  Perhaps that's part of the equation.

Fans in the room - big fans.  It's not a room with A/C ducts.  I don't think this would cause the issue.  What do you think?

That's it for now.  Thanks for any advice.

BTW - anyone using Eneloops instead of regular AA batteries?

#2 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2524 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

Other transmitter's can affect performance if the transmitting antenna is too near the XDV's antenna. Try moving one to the other.

The need to scan depends on which RF mode you operate in. In RF2 mode is is much more important.

Cell phones rarely cause any problem unless they are very close to the XDV's antenna. Best practices say you should never let a performer have an active cell phone and any wireless mic. But usually as long as the cell phone and the transmitter aren't on the user's same side it shouldn't be a problem.

Holding transmitters and covering their antennas is a problem for any brand of wireless mic. It will cut down the range.

#3 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

...BTW - anyone using Eneloops instead of regular AA batteries?

You may find some of the comments about rechargeable batteries in this discussion http://line6.com/sup...ies-for-xd-v35/ to be of interest.

#4 tangierc

tangierc

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for the advice folks.  I'll check the other link out as well.  Gearing up to buy a multichannel wireless system.  I wish Line6 made something like (in form factor) the Vocopro UHF-8800 or AKG DMS70 Quattro.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dropout, mutes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users