Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L6 Link With Hd500 Fx Only

Uncle_Bungle

At the moment I am running a HD500 with no amp sims into a DT25 for live purposes.

I really don't want to use amp sims on the 500 as want to save processing power as have some pretty complex patches but it would still be useful to use the L6 Link function of defining FX blocks before and after the preamp as having the L6 Link is quicker and neater than the 4 cables required for the 4 cable method however switching the amp block off cuts the sound on the amp completely.

Anyone know how to use the L6 Link in this manner so that I am using the sound I've dialled in on the DT25 but with the FX and routing from the HD500 - seems like it should be possible!

Thanks in advance.

Well, you have the equivalent of the 4 cable method while using L6 Link and using just the DT25's amp modeling.

If you use the HD500 pre models, you can certainly have what amounts to the same thing, though. Have you actually tried making your tones with the pre models on the HD500? Are you sure the DSP limit is an issue? The pre models are actually quite a bit less DSP intensive than the full models.

When you turn off the amp blocks in the HD the DT reverts to channel B automatically.  Set up your DT channel B with the amp you want using DT-Edit or midi and set gain, tone, volume manually and you should be good to go...

When you turn off the amp blocks in the HD the DT reverts to channel B automatically.  Set up your DT channel B with the amp you want using DT-Edit or midi and set gain, tone, volume manually and you should be good to go...

Yeah, but you can't put effects before and after the amp when you do this. If you have effects after the amp model in the tone,  all the effects will just be in front of whatever amp model you have in the B channel on the DT25. There's not two-way audio communication over L6 Link.

• Upvote 1