Photo

Dt50 Hd500 Computer Usb Noise Whhite Buzz

Best Answer ozbadman , 20 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Do NOT install this between the power amp and the speaker. IT WILL START A FIRE.

This is designed for signal levels. You could install it after the HD500 and before the DT, but only if you're not using L6 link.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dbennett1152

dbennett1152

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

buy a behrinnger hd400 hum destroyer install at 1/4 inch power into speaker.  quite as a mouse

#2 ozbadman

ozbadman

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1689 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:54 PM   Best Answer

Do NOT install this between the power amp and the speaker. IT WILL START A FIRE.

This is designed for signal levels. You could install it after the HD500 and before the DT, but only if you're not using L6 link.

#3 dbennett1152

dbennett1152

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

hd400hum destroyer cool to touch  what gets hot:?

#4 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

I guess it will get quiet as a mouse with high power coursing it's way through a line level device causing it to burn to a crisp. LOL

On a more serious note, If I'm not mistaken only a proper Attenuator can be placed between the power output of the amp and the speaker. I've been looking into it a lot lately as I'm interested in the Jettenuator.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "The Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#5 ozbadman

ozbadman

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1689 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

hd400hum destroyer cool to touch  what gets hot:?

The wires inside. Power amp currents are large, so you need thick wires. If the wires are thin (as they would be for line level devices), the wires overheat and catch fire. Their current rating is much lower than you would need.

Also, a power amp is designed for a particular impedance, often 8 ohms. If it isn't connected to the correct impedance, lots of things can happen, including damaging your power amp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users