Photo

Bypassing The Pod Hd500x In Amp Setup

Best Answer bjnette , 23 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

You could disconnect the HD500 and go into the guitar amp input. That would be true bypass LOLOL

What do you want to do exactly.

Try guitar- cable-Amp-Amp send HD500 Effects return-select FX loop and put it where you like after the amp block for starters.

Go HD500 output back into Amp FX return.

The 4CM lets you put HD500 stomp FX  before your   Amp's preamp and Rack FX ,in your Amps FX loop.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ninfrag

ninfrag

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hey,

Today, I tried hooking my pod hd500x up with my fender amp and analog pedal board, and I've got two questions:

1) how do you bypass the pod? I hope it's true bypass, so i thought switching off a preset by hitting the preset button that's active would do the trick, alas, the preset kept active. How do I put the unit in bypass if I don't want to use it onstage for a particular song?

2) this sounds kinda noobish, but I tried hooking the pod up in the effects loop of my amp, but that didn't work out... I connected the cables, but no sound... Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for an answer, I really like the unit and would like to use it onstage, yet not all the time since I've got some pretty neat analog pedals as well.

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11386 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Check out what's called the 4-cable connection method (4cm). Do a quick search here and you should find info about it.

The HD500 is not true bypass.

Engaging the HD500 Tuner (put the tuner in Bypass mode) is an effective bypass technique.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 ninfrag

ninfrag

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

So the only way to bypass the unit completely, would be to insert a 'blank' patch...?

#4 bjnette

bjnette

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:20 AM   Best Answer

You could disconnect the HD500 and go into the guitar amp input. That would be true bypass LOLOL

What do you want to do exactly.

Try guitar- cable-Amp-Amp send HD500 Effects return-select FX loop and put it where you like after the amp block for starters.

Go HD500 output back into Amp FX return.

The 4CM lets you put HD500 stomp FX  before your   Amp's preamp and Rack FX ,in your Amps FX loop.

#5 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11386 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

Inserting a 'blank' patch is still not true bypass. The signal will still undergo two conversions: A/D on input and D/A on output. The digital signal passing thru the device will simply be unprocessed.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#6 nilogram54

nilogram54

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

Check out what's called the 4-cable connection method (4cm). Do a quick search here and you should find info about it.

The HD500 is not true bypass.

Engaging the HD500 Tuner (put the tuner in Bypass mode) is an effective bypass technique.

JUst trying to get a straight answer from Line 6. What is the best way to bypass my guitar signal through the HD500X to my amp?

#7 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5489 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

What is the best way to bypass my guitar signal through the HD500X to my amp?

Well, there is no bypass, per se. If you're using the HD500X for effects only, as long as you have all the effects turned off, that's your bypass signal. It will still be affected by the HD500X's master volume. I'd say you'd want to set the master volume so that it is equal to the signal you'd get if you plugged your guitar straight into the amp. If you have the amp/line switch set to amp, you should be able to keep the POD's master volume at 100%.

If you want a quick way to bypass everything, you could set up an empty preset. That might be a nice way to go from an effect-heavy preset to a quick bypass tone.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#8 aggravation

aggravation

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

As to the 'no sound from amp' issue...
Some amps require a plug in the Send jack of an effects loop even though you don't need that to send your Pod into the Return... So just plug a spare cable into the Send jack of the amp and then the Return should take your Pods signal to the power amp stage and on to the speakers.
Beware that you probably will have no volume control on the amp since the effects returns are usually after the volume control so turn down the output of the Pod at first....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users