Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500 And 500x Patch Change Lag

osmap

Hello,

I have been hearing good things from the HD500(x) however I have also heard about a noticeable lag when switching patches. I have been looking at getting one of these but I fear too much of a lag would be a deal breaker for me as I would intend on using it live. Could someone please post a video of said lag? That is play a chord, let it ring and switch patches a couple times, maybe with varying effects and even the exact same patch would be cool. This would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Oh, you'll definitely hear that since that's basically a worst case scenario. The mute is about 15msec, IIRC. If you switch between songs it's no big deal, but I have difficulty at times when switching in the middle of a song. I've gone to not using patches within a song, only FX and/or maybe two amps that are always in but using an FX button to mute one or the other. In a given bank you have a choice of 8 FX switches or 4 FX switches & 4 patches. I've moved to the former since the mute is unworkable for me. The units still has lots of flexibility, though, even with these limitations.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the reply. I also read in the manual that you can assign more than one effect to a single footswitch. Does this mean I would be able to start with a clean channel and assign one FX footswitch to toggle on distortion, delay and an eq boost? Being able to change multiple things with one switch press would bring me back on board.

Thanks again

yes you can do that.

Thank you for the reply. I also read in the manual that you can assign more than one effect to a single footswitch. Does this mean I would be able to start with a clean channel and assign one FX footswitch to toggle on distortion, delay and an eq boost? Being able to change multiple things with one switch press would bring me back on board.

Thanks again

I have been hearing good things from the HD500(x) however I have also heard about a noticeable lag when switching patches.

"Heard about" and "experienced" are two different things.  Even though there isn't spillover between patches, I haven't had a single problem changing patches within a song and noticing any lag.  I'm usually very picky about this.  Doesn't bother me with the 500x the way it did with the Axe-Fx.

• Upvote 1

I'm usually very picky about this.  Doesn't bother me with the 500x the way it did with the Axe-Fx.

Very helpful post, thank you. I've used Axe-fx and from what I have heard I was expecting that. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and get one, thanks for the input everyone!