28 replies to this topic

#1 ethyl80

ethyl80

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

I don't like upgrading without feedback from other users. I know that Drivers for Mavericks have been available through Monkey, but Line 6 Edit and my PodHD500 MUST work with my Mac :)

#2 ratliffmarkl

ratliffmarkl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

If you find your answer outside of this forum, please post it here. I am also concerned about compatibility. I can't risk the install without knowing that it will be compatible.

Thanks

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15667 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

I installed it the second it showed up yesterday... rather like it. it does rescan for plugins etc...

also a new version of garageband etc...

no problem with the line6 stuff. (or any other problems as of yet.)

#4 ethyl80

ethyl80

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

new version of garageband etc...

no problem with the line6 stuff. (or any other problems as of yet.)

Have you tried recording in the new GarageBand? GB's new Drummer feature sounds exciting, since I can never get the right feel from loops. But the Line 6 POD HD500 to GarageBand is my lifeline to my current projects...

#5 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15667 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

yeah briefly... but i already have logic x so the drummer thing i was already familiar with.

it's a bit different than a straight loop... "drummer regions" are your friends! haha

makes it quite easy to change it up per section etc.

#6 mgallagh

mgallagh

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

I can't get the drivers to update on OSX10.9

#7 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

No issues here with Maverick, everything works well.

#8 scottyo78

scottyo78

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

Over on another forum I use, (PreSonus - Studio One) there are quite a few Mac users (I think most) having issues when installing 10.9.

PreSonus is aware of this and has stated they will be coming out with a fix supposedly within a week.

With Win 8.1 just coming out it's hit and miss. Some users have had some glitches and others have none. Most report that 8.1 seems to be even a bit quicker. :D

The "Test Software" from Mac and MS is preliminary release stuff right... ;)  so it makes sense that there may be some issues when the Official Release has been changed.

#9 stinkdoggz

stinkdoggz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

No good for me. since installing maverick, there is a big delay from playing a note to hearing it and the sound cuts in and out. grrrr. I installed the new driver from line 6 and still have the same issue

#10 jazz_man84

jazz_man84

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

Yeah I cannot get the drivers to install on Mavericks either... Have repaired disk permissions, etc, no dice.  Anyone else having this issue?  More importantly... anyone have a fix??

#11 nacho945

nacho945

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

yeah briefly... but i already have logic x so the drummer thing i was already familiar with.

it's a bit different than a straight loop... "drummer regions" are your friends! haha

makes it quite easy to change it up per section etc.

I agree with this, been using the "drummers" with Logic X and I like it. Lately I feel like I get more out of it than EzDrummer. 

#12 ratliffmarkl

ratliffmarkl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

I downloaded and installed v7.3.6 of the driver without error, but Line6 Monkey does not recognize that it has been installed. And I can no longer get MainStage to recognize incoming midi signals from my HD500.

#13 ratliffmarkl

ratliffmarkl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

Resetting the ports on my MacBook eliminated all of my midi issues that started after upgrading to OS X Mavericks.

Try the following steps:

1. Shut down

2. Hold down the following keys simultaneously for 30 seconds and then let go:

shift

control

option

the power button

(You will not see or hear anything)

3. Press and release the power button to start the MacBook, and quickly press and hold the following keys until the mac plays a tone:

option

command

the letter p

the letter r

(The mac will play the same tone a few times and then continue booting)

In addition to these steps, I found that turning on my midi devices BEFORE plugging them into the mac was important.

#14 Finch21

Finch21

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

I get popping after installing mavericks and also installed the drivers and the line 6 monkey does not recognize the. I'm running guitar port through logic pro X and basically getting crackling popping etc.  

#15 Caramba

Caramba

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

I've installed OS X Mavericks and the new GarageBand 10. Since then, i can't use the tone library of my Pod Farm 2.5?! I see my tones in the audio units panel but when i select one of theme, a message tell me that i must authorized the PodFarm with the licence key manager but, all my software, adds-on and computer are authorized so i don't understand why it doesn't work? The Pod Farm software work perfectly alone... help me!

#16 MartinDorr

MartinDorr

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationArizona, U.S.A.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

I think the new Garageband requires 64-bit AudioUnits and I heard there is some new 'sand boxing' implemented in how AU plugins are run on Maverick which may break use of plugins that do support 64-bit interface. I ran Ozone 4 (32-bit AU) on earlier Garageband version and the new GarageBand does not find it. Also tried to upgrade Ozone 4 to 64-bit (version 4.04 download from Izotope) but that does not run under Maverick and there are no plans from Izotope to update Ozone 4 (Ozone 5 is now out for more than a year). I am using the older GarageBand (still in Applications folder) whenever I need to use the older plugins.

You may want to give the old Garageband a try to run Pod Farm 2.5

#17 Caramba

Caramba

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

I keep the old GarageBand for that reason... so, the best i can do is wait and see!

#18 ext1jdh

ext1jdh

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

I've had no problems with Mavericks and my HD Edit, Monkey, or Workbench

pqpy.jpg
4ntm.jpg
9s6v.jpg
isnq.jpg

#19 bvaladez74

bvaladez74

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:28 AM

There is a bug after either updating the flash memory and/or using POD edit.  Like the gentleman said below, his works fine....but I've experience this and I've read, at least one other has.  I have a MB pro, about 3 years old...with Mavericks...healthy laptop, all the current OS updates, works perfect in general.  After I flash a POD HD 500X and or import presets to it through "edit".....the OS shuts down with a grey/blue error message screen on my mac, and reboots....after the USB completes any kind of communication.  It does happen, it is a bug and it's legit.  

#20 morgasmo

morgasmo

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

I am new to Mac and have never had an issue with my Toneport UX2 on my PC, however now on mac running OSX 10.9 Mavericks I load up gearbox etc.. and the needles move showing I have sound but I cannot get any sound, headphones, mac speakers, etc... What am I doing wrong? Is gearbox not able to work with OSX 10.9? I would hate to have to buy a new firewire interface.

#21 CACHERA

CACHERA

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

No good for me. since installing maverick, there is a big delay from playing a note to hearing it and the sound cuts in and out. grrrr. I installed the new driver from line 6 and still have the same issue

I have the same issue than you since upgrade to Maverick with my MacBookPro. Do you had a solution ??? Thank you for feedback.

I don(t know if this issue is known of the Line6 Team ?

#22 ratliffmarkl

ratliffmarkl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

I have the same issue than you since upgrade to Maverick with my MacBookPro. Do you had a solution ??? Thank you for feedback.

I don(t know if this issue is known of the Line6 Team ?

Did you reset the ports as I documented in post #13?

#23 CACHERA

CACHERA

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

Did you reset the ports as I documented in post #13?

Hello thank you for helping me. I'll try this week-end.

Regards

#24 still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:03 AM

There's been a lot of publicity about the "beta" quality of this OSX release. If you haven't upgraded and don't need to, this looks like a good one to wait out. I know I am.

#25 CACHERA

CACHERA

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hello all.I find the problem.
I try the ratliffmarkl solution without effect.
I use LogicProX. So i try with Garageband and No latency no problem.
I return to LogicProX and try to find the issue. I try to reduce the buffer size which was to 1024 the maxi. With 512 the result i better and usable. If i choose a very very small buffer, the sound is bad.So 512 or 256 is ok.
I hope some users can be happy with this solution and Maverick was not the problem !!! Thank you all for your help

#26 gonzobello

gonzobello

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

Since i've updated my imac to mavericks, the computer don't recognaze the tone X2. There are drivers for mavericks?

#27 nicman

nicman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

I am new to Mac and have never had an issue with my Toneport UX2 on my PC, however now on mac running OSX 10.9 Mavericks I load up gearbox etc.. and the needles move showing I have sound but I cannot get any sound, headphones, mac speakers, etc... What am I doing wrong? Is gearbox not able to work with OSX 10.9? I would hate to have to buy a new firewire interface.

Ahhh, go into preferences into the audio and select your input and output for the COMPUTER, the program may be set but the actual Mac needs to be set

#28 poyo12

poyo12

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

any knows about download line 6 edit for maverick?

#29 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15667 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

mavericks is not officially supported... but should work if you get the right version of java on it.

any knows about download line 6 edit for maverick?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users