#1 pjay24

pjay24

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

Hello, 

Yesterday my new Variax JTV-89 came, unfortunately pushing Guitar Model Selector doesn't start variax, LED won't lit :/ Battery is fully charged. Does anyone know what is the problem?

I thought that changing firmware to 2.0 will help, unfortunately, after installing version 2.0 problem is the same.

Sorry form my English ;)

Best regards

Pawel 

#2 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

Well if 2.0 installed the processor electronics is running.  It is probably a problem with the switch itself.  Try removing the knob and pushing on the shaft.  Many here have experienced this problem with that switch not activating.  If that doesn't work send it back.

#3 ricuff

ricuff

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

I have same problem variax mode not activating, I tried reinstall firmware but no help, If i connect the variax to usb the red led in the side of the variax blinks, th other led is green. What could I do?

#4 cruisinon2

cruisinon2

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

I have same problem variax mode not activating, I tried reinstall firmware but no help, If i connect the variax to usb the red led in the side of the variax blinks, th other led is green. What could I do?

You need a fully charged battery AND plug a 1/4" cable into the jack to turn the Variax on, otherwise the USB dongle will think that nothing is connected.

#5 ricuff

ricuff

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:02 AM

thanks, I plugged the  1/4" cable and now both led are green but workbench hd still show no device connected, and variax button does not lid

thanks

#6 cruisinon2

cruisinon2

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

thanks, I plugged the 1/4" cable and now both led are green but workbench hd still show no device connected, and variax button does not lid
thanks

Close Workbench, then try connecting to Line6 Monkey first. If that recognizes the guitar, then reopen Workbench. Failing that, reboot the whole computer and try again. The whole setup gets cranky sometimes and doesn't want to cooperate...I've had to fiddle with it to get it to see the guitar as well. Don't know why it works one day and not others...but most likely it will work eventually if you poke at it long enough.

#7 ricuff

ricuff

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

thanks now workbench recognize the guitar and led are both green, but still the variax button does not work and does not lid when pressed

thanks

#8 cruisinon2

cruisinon2

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

thanks now workbench recognize the guitar and led are both green, but still the variax button does not work and does not lid when pressed

thanks

You may have a dead switch then...open up a support ticket with Line 6 and see what they tell you.  Good luck...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jtv-89

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users