#1 IronDeth97

IronDeth97

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

Hey guys,

I have some "problems" with my shortboard Mk2 and the "Line 6 FBV Control" program. I want to save some sounds on it (like "Iron Man" f.e.), but I don't know how to do it. And when I step on A (or B,C,D) I see "ARACHNOPHOBIA", but I would prefer to not see USER, but SONG on the LCD-display. I don't know how to change that either.

Sorry, if these questions are stupid, but I read the instructions 10 times and I don't understand anything (I don't understand anything with computers anyway). This stuff drives me crazy.

Thanks for any help!! :)

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5491 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

What are you using the FBV with? The presets themselves aren't saved on the shortboard. They're saved on the device you're controlling. The LBV Control program doesn't really have anything to do with the things you mention here. Its purpose is to set up the FBV as MIDI controller.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 IronDeth97

IronDeth97

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

I play a Spider IV 75 btw. ;)

So, how can I save the presets from the FBV Control and how can I save the tones on my amp (or board)?

#4 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1705 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

When you save tones on your Spider IV, you are saving them in the USER banks.  That's what you access with the A, B, C & D buttons.  You can't access the Song/Artist preset patches from the FBV, only from the front panel of the amp.

You don't use the FBV Control software for saving tones, that is for controlling a MIDI device.  You use Spider Edit.

#5 IronDeth97

IronDeth97

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

OK, now I got it, thank you very much! :)

Next question: The presets (the ones, I make with Spider IV Edit) have a big difference in terms of volume. How can I get them on the same level?

#6 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1705 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

Generally, you want to set the Channel Volume in any patch so that when you change from one patch to the next the overall volume doesn't change.  You use the Master Volume on the amp to set the overall volume you need for wherever you are playing.

Of course it is hard to judge the volume until you plug in your guitar and try it, at which point you need to adjust the Channel VOlume again and resave it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users