11 replies to this topic

#1 closwrayth

closwrayth

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

hey  i need some help in figuring out whats going on with my amp. i bought it recently from a pawn shop and i am determined in ressurecting it to full function. if oyu can shoot me a reply or email me @ hiand006@gmail.com. 

here is a video of my problem:

#2 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2741 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

go here to reflash http://line6.com/sup...arkAsQuestion=1

you can run some self tests by holding down the soft keys while powering up

I'M SO HAPPY!

#3 DickFoster

DickFoster

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

I think you need to get your amp in the hands of a techie type. They should start with a battery replacement then check all the power supply voltages and take it from there.

#4 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2741 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

I think you need to get your amp in the hands of a techie type. They should start with a battery replacement then check all the power supply voltages and take it from there.

i didn't know there is a battery in the vetta

I'M SO HAPPY!

#5 DickFoster

DickFoster

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Yep, settings, patches etc. are stored battery powered SRAM and when it dies, the amps do strange things.

It's soldered into the main board so you have to be handy to replace it.

They are supposed to last six years or so depending on stuff.

It takes a 3 volt lithium CR 2430 cell that you should be able to find at a hardware store. The manual says if it measures any less than 2.7 volts you should replace it. Be sure to measure it place, not just open circuit. Although there isn't much current drain from it in use, only about 3.7 microamps or so according to the book. 

#6 tginkel

tginkel

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

The lithium cell is totally dead, but one from the hardware store doesn't have the tabs I need to solder into the board.  Can I get one from Line 6?

#7 DickFoster

DickFoster

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

The lithium cell is totally dead, but one from the hardware store doesn't have the tabs I need to solder into the board.  Can I get one from Line 6?

I think the tabs are on the battery holder not the battery itself.

#8 tginkel

tginkel

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Aha!  Got a battery from Radio Shack, soldered a couple of wires onto it and soldered it into the board.  wWrks perfectly for $2.99.  I put the battery in a glob of silicone to keep it steady.

Glad to be back on the air.

#9 DickFoster

DickFoster

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Aha!  Got a battery from Radio Shack, soldered a couple of wires onto it and soldered it into the board.  wWrks perfectly for $2.99.  I put the battery in a glob of silicone to keep it steady.

Glad to be back on the air.

Good to hear. So the dead battery was the culprit. It's seems that's the problem about half the time anyway.

#10 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2741 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

yea!!

I'M SO HAPPY!

#11 brue58ski

brue58ski

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

According to the Line 6 Vetta FAQ the battery is a Panasonic BR2325-1HG.  Is this the same as a CR2430?  According to every battery compatibility chart I've found it isn't.  Also anyone have any pics of this battery changing process.  I've searched the internet to no avail.

#12 DickFoster

DickFoster

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

Yes, From the Vetta service manual parts list. Battery 3V Lithium COSMOS CR2430. You can probably find one at your local hardware store.

For a pic of what it looks like.  http://www.amazon.co...m/dp/B000E896U8

You have to take the amp apart and be handy with a soldering iron to change it. It's on the main PC board and is not hard to find. because it's the only battery looking thing on there. Don't get it in backwards now.

If you aren't comfortable doing this sort of work, getting someone who is to help you would be a good idea.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vetta ii hd, line 6, frozen, fbv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users