Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp Head Frozen

closwrayth

I think you need to get your amp in the hands of a techie type. They should start with a battery replacement then check all the power supply voltages and take it from there.

i didn't know there is a battery in the vetta

Yep, settings, patches etc. are stored battery powered SRAM and when it dies, the amps do strange things.

It's soldered into the main board so you have to be handy to replace it.

They are supposed to last six years or so depending on stuff.

It takes a 3 volt lithium CR 2430 cell that you should be able to find at a hardware store. The manual says if it measures any less than 2.7 volts you should replace it. Be sure to measure it place, not just open circuit. Although there isn't much current drain from it in use, only about 3.7 microamps or so according to the book. 

• 4 months later...

Aha!  Got a battery from Radio Shack, soldered a couple of wires onto it and soldered it into the board.  wWrks perfectly for $2.99.  I put the battery in a glob of silicone to keep it steady.

Glad to be back on the air.

Good to hear. So the dead battery was the culprit. It's seems that's the problem about half the time anyway.

• 5 months later...

According to the Line 6 Vetta FAQ the battery is a Panasonic BR2325-1HG.  Is this the same as a CR2430?  According to every battery compatibility chart I've found it isn't.  Also anyone have any pics of this battery changing process.  I've searched the internet to no avail.

Yes, From the Vetta service manual parts list. Battery 3V Lithium COSMOS CR2430. You can probably find one at your local hardware store.

For a pic of what it looks like.  http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-cr2430-CR2430-3V-Lithium/dp/B000E896U8

You have to take the amp apart and be handy with a soldering iron to change it. It's on the main PC board and is not hard to find. because it's the only battery looking thing on there. Don't get it in backwards now.

If you aren't comfortable doing this sort of work, getting someone who is to help you would be a good idea.