Photo

Are You Happy With Your Pod Hd?

Best Answer joel_brown , 26 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

I also use Marshall amps, a pair of JCM900s that I spread apart for live stereo effect.  I also play hard rock metal.

For me the PODHD was a struggle for several months.  The Line6 EQ sucks so bad I went out and bought a used dual band EQ, that helped a bunch.  There was more than a few times I thought I had wasted my money and was going to get rid of the PODHD.  In the end the light bulb finally turned on and I got it working the way I wanted.

That's the bad part.  The good part is, once I got it kind'a figured out I can't go back to other products that don't have the flexibilty of putting anything anywhere in the signal chain.  Also the tone is definetley HD but it's hard to tell until you get it sounding the way you want.

If you decide to give it another try (I think you should) then here's a couple things that will hopefully help.

I had posted my tone on another thread to help someone else in a similar situation.  Here's the links again.  I plug my guitar into the PODHD and PODHD into the Effect Returns of my amps.  I don't use the 4 Cable Method.

Download these two tones and see if it helps point you in the right direction.

http://www.childreno...AngelHvyPre.hbe

http://www.childreno...olOvrDrvPre.hbe

Also check out the meambobo website. Line6 should be paying this guy for all the great info he has on there.  Or atleast give him free gear.

http://foobazaar.com/podhd/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 cruisinon2

cruisinon2

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4753 posts
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:37 AM

yes, maybe your right...because i am getting nowhere with any presets or downloaded tones from customtone,surprisingly. ..

There's nothing surprising about it. Somebody else's patch is exactly that....created with their guitar, the other pieces in their rig, in their bedroom/living room/rehearsal space, with their band, etc etc....the list of variables is of Biblical length, yet everybody always wants to know why there's no continuity from user to user with Customtone patches. Baffles me.

#42 jeremybnz

jeremybnz

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 28 March 2016 - 03:01 PM

I'm very happy with mine, I ditched my handwired tube amp and $3k + worth of pedals for it and a stagesource L2T, I invested the time in getting it to sound as good as what it replaced and now I'm really happy, was initially disappointed as it didn't sound anywhere near as good, but like others have said, just takes some time and following some of the tutorials out there :)

#43 line6bbd

line6bbd

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:00 AM

>>Are you happy with your Pod HD?

Yes. Doubly so as I bought a Pod HD bean just to take on holiday so I could practice using headphones. I had literally no idea what it was capable of - I thought it was little more than a toy simulator for practice. Being proved absolutely wrong is rarely such a pleasure :).