9 replies to this topic

#1 bentvicar

bentvicar

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Two new pedal models I would like to see added to the HD 500 are Fulltone OCD and Tycobrahe Parapedal Wah. I wont be holding my breath though.

#2 medbad5150

medbad5150

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

No offence mate, but I've been playing nearly 25 years, love from Bieber to Black Sabbath, all styles of music and guitar, and never heard of the Tycobrahe Parapedal Wah. I've said before (not meaning you), These companies emulate or recreate amps and pedals which defined guitar sounds, From Eddies Plexi to SRV to Vai.

In a nutshell, If I haven't heard of it, there is a good chance that it is in the small niches of diehard tones that HD owners want only from selfish view, or cos their fav band/guitarist  uses one.

I'm not a wiki on pedals or amps, but 25 years of guitar shows and exhibitions, have given me a good perespective mate.

( Now I've said that, I bet the next update will include the Tycobrahe Parapedal Wah!)

#3 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

I think a prerequesite for a pedal or amp model to become part of the library would be that it would have to have left some sort of mark on rock n' roll history. Take a look at the current list available and they all meet that "requirement" so to say with the exception being the Line 6 developed originals.

With that said, I think that the Analogman King of Tone would be an overdrive that could be considered because of it's reputation, long waiting list and coveted spots on the pedal boards of John Petrucci, Kenny Wayne Shepard as well as many others.

Another pedal that has left it's mark on tone history was the Dallas-Arbiter Rangemaster Treble Booster. Some of the most legendary rock albums and songs were created using this device by the likes of Eric Clapton, Jimmy page, John Mayhall and Rory Gallagher to name a few. This pedal alone would dramatically change the spectrum of tones that users would be able to create with their Pod devices.

#4 markcawley

markcawley

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Come on line 6 get a good Edge from U2 sound......... actually I mean get that SDD3000 sound that we all here.

#5 medbad5150

medbad5150

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

RIBLUES I think you can see where I'm coming from, the Dallas-Arbiter Rangemaster Treble Booster is a classic pedal, nobody can argue this, didn't Tony Iommi also use one of these? Bentvicar has a valid point, but surely Boss, Digitech, Line 6, must have had some serious deliberation and meetings about what pedals to include without missing out on an obvious classic.

Selfishly, I would love the Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress Flanger, but that's the way the ball goes

#6 Rewolf48

Rewolf48

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

I think there is a case for the Tycobrahe Parapedal Wah as:

Rare and expensive - http://www.vintagegu...luable-effects/

Used on famous recordings, like Black Sabbath (apparently) - http://vintageamps.c...t=38203&start=0

#7 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

Yes, I agree with all of you.

I'm sure they have a formula for deciding what model and effect gets included and I wouldn't be surprised if it has a lot to do with just how much data that can be installed on the firmware/flash memory. Of course we can all reply, "add more memory, more cpu power". But along with that comes a higher price tag. 

#8 bentvicar

bentvicar

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

As far as I know Tony Iommi Still uses the Parapedal, watch   http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JgLkqELGBf8

#9 bentvicar

bentvicar

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

• Yes the Dallas Treble booster would be a very good addition, Tony and Brian May amongst many others have used it.

#10 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

As far as I know Tony Iommi Still uses the Parapedal, watch   http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JgLkqELGBf8

What a great clip, Thanks for posting.

I forgot that Tony used the Treble Booster and I just did a search to read about his gear and found this interview:

http://www.musicrada...-sabbath-310167

He talks about the Rangemaster Treble Booster and what happened to it, hilarious!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users