Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem To Connect The Pod 2.0 With A Midi-usb Device

Hello,

Today finally bought a MIDI-USB device to connect my POD 2.0 to my computer. 

I'm using a LogiLink USB MIDI Cable. 

I installed Line 6 Monkey and Line 6 Edit decently. 

The usb device works fine, it is recognized by my computer.

Nevertheless, when I try to update the POD 2.0 with Line 6 Monkey, even if I do what it say to do, it doesn't work and keeps saying  "Could not connect to the POD 2.0. Please check all MIDI and power connections and click 'refresh' in the Tone Locker". 

It also happens when I run Line 6 Edit.

Please, could you help me, I don't know what to do... 

Damien. 

• Upvote 1

Hello,

i have the same problem.

I'm using also LogiLink USB MIDI Cable and FBV MKII Express. No connect. Only the Banks about the FBV.

Line 6 Monkey and Line 6 Edit can't read the Flash Memory.

Hans-Dieter

I have now Midisport Uno of M-Audio. Midisport Uno have a connect to Pod 2.0.

Download the last Driver from the Homepage of M-Audio.

Install first the Driver, then switch the Pod 2.0 on and Add the Pod 2.0 with the software of Pod 2.0.

On the right Side of the window you see then all Banks from 1A - 9D and the Version of the Flash Memory.

Hans-Dieter

I got yesterday a new MacBookPro and I am having the same problem. However my situation is different: I need to update my PocketPOD's Flash Memory v 1. I did install the Line6 Monkey and Vyzex Pocket POD. In addition, I did  all the steps to update the Flash Memory Version 1 in my PocketPOD and also I did check the connections, MIDI IN and MIDI OUT were properly working, which means all hardware was communicating each-other.

After mentioned the context situation above, the PocketPOD became blocked with LOADING UPDATE, on the screen, and another prompt on my laptop screen: which says:

Update FAILED

(CODE 8000900C) MIDI devise timed out waiting for a response

Make sure all the cables are still connected and try to update again

click OK.

Advise please,

• 2 weeks later...

having the same issue here...

"I'm using a LogiLink USB MIDI Cable. 

I installed Line 6 Monkey and Line 6 Edit decently. 

The usb device works fine, it is recognized by my computer.

Nevertheless, when I try to update the POD 2.0 with Line 6 Monkey, even if I do what it say to do, it doesn't work and keeps saying  "Could not connect to the POD 2.0. Please check all MIDI and power connections and click 'refresh' in the Tone Locker". 

It also happens when I run Line 6 Edit."

Please, could you help me, I don't know what to do as well...

Tks.

Luis Fillipe Couto

There seems to be a common problem.  All of you that are having problems are using those inexpensive (let's just call them CHEAP!) LogiLink USB cables.  For the most part, they do not work well with Line 6 devices.  You might want to obtain USB MIDI cables that have been proven to work well; the M-Audio Midisport UNO cables, for instance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have the same problem:

"Update FAILED

(CODE 8000900C) MIDI devise timed out waiting for a response

Make sure all the cables are still connected and try to update again"

Two weeks ago I've bought a Noname MIDI-USB Converter and it doesn't work. Yesterday I've bought a new one M-AUDIO MIDI SPORT UNO (because I've read this somewhere on these sites that this is the right one) and it doesn't work too. I'm using WIN7 64 and the newest driver for MIDISPORT downloaded directly from M-AUDIO sites. I've tried the connection on two PC's and the problem is the same.

Please, help me to solve the problem. I spent a lot of money and with no success.

• 2 weeks later...

I am bought the M-AUDIO MIDI SPORT UNO.

Now I am facing the following:

Line 6 Monkey works fine and recognizes the my POD 2.0. It also shows I am using the latest version for all the 3 items.

When I try to connect throught the Line 6 Edit, it does not work anymore.

When try to unplug and plug again my USB (I am using the recomended one: M-AUDIO MIDISPORT Uno), It recognizes for a while, but in about 3 or 4 seconds the following message appears: Title: MIDI TimeoutMessage: "Your POD 2.0 has stopped to work. Please try to resetting the power and click "refresh" in the tone locker".

Print follow attached.

I already plugged it in all my USB port in the notebook.

I'm not using a USB hub.

There is no USB device plugged in the PC (besides the M-AUDIO)

Just the Line 6 Edit seems to does not work (since Line 6 Monkey worked well)

I am pressing the MIDI button on my POD 2.0

The MIDI in and MIDI out are plugged correctly.

There is something I am missing?

Please, somebody help me, cause I don't know what else I can do.

Thanks.

Hi again, I won a small battle. Now i try WIN xp and the FLASH memory was upgraded successfully, but the LINE 6 Monkey still doesn't recognize installed version. The probleme with LINE6 Edit still remains. it doesn't recognize my POD2.0.

Can somebody help me?

THX

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had my Pod 2.0 for more than 2 yrs now, and i finally bought usb/midi ... But it beats me that it will NOT work with Line 6 Edit ???

My Pod 2 is shown fine in Monkey, with firmware version 2.54. But it will not connect with Line 6 Edit for some reason.

I bought this cable (cp specs) :

Neusonik uMIDI/O22, USB MIDI Interface Cable mit automatic Switch Function, detects automatically incoming and outgoing MIDI signals, 2x thomann MIDI Connection useable as 1x MIDI Input + 1x MIDI Output or 2x MIDI-Input or 2x MIDI-Output, up to 32 input or 32 output channels for PC and MAC, Plug&Play, for WIN XP, VISTA, WIN 7 (32/64bit) and Mac OS X

All other hardware that i own (oldschoold analog synts) are downright happy with this cable, and show up instantly! .. but the POD 2.0 seems gone when i start up Line 6 Edit ???

I have spent 3½ hrs scanning and reading Line 6 forums for anything that might give at hint to setting it up correctly, to no avail :-/ ...

And i'm totally lost .. plz help

I am simply lost on this one, and would be sad to draw conclusion that i should have bought something else than my POD 2.0, wich i have spent HOURS with and enjoyed .. but i would love to take my POD to the next level :-)

• 2 months later...

Heck, I can't even get reguiar midi in midi out cables to connect! Just updated everything to Mavericks and Monkey 1.65, but all I get is a yellow question mark in a picture of a pod 2.0 Not a good time to pull this on me. 

Hello There!

I am using an old WinXP box and the ole Pod V2 connects right up using the crappo chinese one or the M-Audio Uno 1x1. I know the usb/midi thing can be exceptionally frustrating when it doesn't work but don't give up hope. Start from the start. (I'm not at home so I may have something wrong - correct me fellas!)

** You cannot use a USB hub so for a PC use the USB ports on the rear of the machine not the front**

1) Usb/midi adaptor ''out'' -> Pod ''in'' and Usb/midi ''in'' -> Pod ''out'' (In the name of Dio it would have been nice if it was color coded ''yellow to yellow and red to red").

2) Fire up L6Edit - Now if the Pod is not seen here you should go to L6E ''preferences" and select the USB/Midi for the 'ins and outs''. If your usb/midi cable is not showing up there - then you have to figure out why your 'puter is not seeing it.

In theory that should be all you need. But life and computers are screwy. So you can try these:

1) Try the Usb/Midi connections reversed - in -> in and out -> out. Why? I don't know but it worked with a different cable I had. Reverse them and try 1 and 2 above.

2) 64 bit? Mac -> http://line6.com/software/index.html check to make sure the right version is supported (I've no idea regarding Maverick, Mountain Lion etc).

I'm sure there is a Mac user here who can add some more ideas of what to check.

Hope it works!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! This problem again, but some solutions founded!

I've bought cheap MIDI<->USB

Using XP+SP3 newest Monkey and all the Line6 drivers.

Line6 Editor doesn't see POD 2.0

Monkey doesn't see POD 2.0

Midi Quest 11 doesn't see POD 2.0

BUT

I've found Podman 32 free software http://clients.teksavvy.com/~ccoutlee/podman.htm

and it see my POD 2.0 with no problem. I move pots in software - sound changes. I move pots in POD and pots on the screen moves along too.

Only problem - I can't save my preset using Podman32 software buttons, only pressing SAVE in my POD works... but still works, and each change may be added and saved :)

Interesting is - I do nothing with drivers, cables or other stuff. Just run Line6 Editor or Midi Quest11 and computer doesn't see POD2.0. Run Podman 32 after that and works well... POD2.0 magically appears. So far, I think cheap MIDI<->USB works well and this is a problem of software not device.

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally been able to get my Pod2.0 to hook up to my computer via Midi !

It has taken at least 2 weeks, and 2 sets of Midi cables.

Here, for those experiencing the same problem is a play by play account.

The fix, is more of a punch in than a solution.

I first bought a cheap set of midi cable....no connection, line6 edit didn't even see the Pod.

I bought the M-audio cables, and was optomistic , because the pod was recognized by L6E.

I still couldn' make it work, the pod kept showing as busy.

I tried installing on mac....no dice

Windows 7....nada

Windows 8...zip.

I finally tried setting my performance settings to minimum (windows XP) , I' m not sure if this had any effect because I tried another thing at the same time.

Here's the punch line......

I turned the MIDI button OFF, and it worked.

So, I took the time to check the manual, to see how stupid I was, but the manual says the Midi button should be pressed and the channel set.

I hope this helps someone,

I've been pulling my hair out, and I don't have much to spare.

YES! Works! :))))

First I bought cheap USB-MIDI cable and had more problems with connection than stars on the sky. Usually POD2.0 wasn't seen by any software at all.  Then I decided to gamble and buy Yamaha UX-16 MIDI cable (found used in 20$ price while new were about 100$) - installed and.... boooom... all the problems were gone away. Every software now see my POD - Monkey, MIDI QUEST, PODMAN32, and LINE6 Editor too :))))))))

My opinion? Cheap cables are usually lollipop (sorry for language, but it fits well here). I was trying with friend to connect YAMAHA keyboard through cheap cables via USB and then software was going crazy, computer mause and computer keyboard were going crazy. After using better cable (YAMAHA in this case) everything is on it's place.

• 3 years later...

I have a similar issue. When I began I was unable to see the POD 2.0 through Edit or Monkey. I swapped cables to one made by Cakewalk, and while at first it showed no connection, after flipping a switch or two on and off I finally got it available through Edit, and I uploaded all the factory presets to my workstation (Windows 10) Monkey was updated this weekend, but still will not connect. I'll keep playing with it I suppose... I'm wondering, if I do get this working, is there someplace one can go and download different custom presets to the unit, I ondered if there is a repository of sounds and setups somewhere. Thanks...

I have a similar issue. When I began I was unable to see the POD 2.0 through Edit or Monkey. I swapped cables to one made by Cakewalk, and while at first it showed no connection, after flipping a switch or two on and off I finally got it available through Edit, and I uploaded all the factory presets to my workstation (Windows 10) Monkey was updated this weekend, but still will not connect. I'll keep playing with it I suppose... I'm wondering, if I do get this working, is there someplace one can go and download different custom presets to the unit, I ondered if there is a repository of sounds and setups somewhere. Thanks...

Jackson - the #1 prob is the usb/midi cables as you found out. Windows 10 I don't have. Line 6 gear loves the M-Audio Uno so if you have access to one try that (updated drivers should be on their website).