Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500 Slapback Problem

markcawley

Hiya

I have my POD HD500 going into my PC using the HD500 as the soundcard. My headphones are plugged into the HD500. The PC soundcard is disabled.

My problem is that when I play a note on the guitar I get a very quick slapback sort of echo. There are no effects enabled so is a dry signal..... ie...not going through a delay.

All I should hear is the single note that im playing WITHOUT this annoying slapback echo.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hiya......thanx for replying

No I don't hear it when disconnected. Im actually not running through a DAW at the moment. I have the left and right outputs from the POD into the line in of the PC and the USB cable in the front of the PC so I can change settings in POD HD EDIT.

The PC is configured to use the POD for playback AND recording. The onboard soundcard is disabled.

Right ok...... from that I know that the USB is creating a very short loop in playback......... Anyone know how to stop this loop effect so that I can adjust settings in POD EDIT rather than bending down all the time and tweaking the knobs on the HD500 which at my age is a pain lol. Come on Line 6 sort it out. If you do ill be able to put the HD500 back up there with the top stompers in the world lol.

You should disconnect your HD500 analog outputs from your computer Line In jacks. Just use the USB connection. The Pod HD Edit program will recognize the HD500 and use it as the soundcard. Keep monitoring the sound using the HD500 outputs (e.g. headphones).

I suspect there's a problem with your usb connection. Try a different usb port on your computer, check/test your usb cable, and disconnect any usb hub you may be using.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Line 6 driver on your PC. A a last resort, reinstall your device firmware; don't forget to make backup copies of your presets/setlist first.

• Upvote 1