Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd 500 1/4 Outs With L6 Link To Dt-25hd

radatats

Ok so I just rearranged my studio so I can use all my gear together and was going to A/B my  POD direct to my PA vs my DT with a 2X12.  My power amp doesn't have XLR so I am connected to the 1/4 outs on the POD.  Sounds great, no issues.  As soon as I power on my DT 25 with the L6 link, the signal to the PA washes out to a scratchy mush.  Turn off the DT back to normal. I thought you were supposed to be able to use all the various outs side by side.  I know everything says you can use the XLR outs with the L6 link but is there something different with the 1/4 outs?  I can get the XLR to 1/4 pigtails if I need to but I am a little surprised right now... :unsure:

When you connect the POD to the DT25, the PODs output mode changes to combo or stack poweramp, depending on whether or not you're using the DT25 combo or head. So this output mode won't work well for taking a direct signal from the POD. If you want a direct signal while using the POD with the DT25, the best thing to do is to use the DT25's XLR direct out.

Hi Radatats

What Phil said - I was drafting the same reply as he posted.

That's exactly how I run my HD500 / DT25 rig - POD to DT25 via L6 Link so I've got something on stage I can control, then DT25 XLR out to PA so the sound person can supplement to FOH if needed.

The output setting is global, so DT25 / XLR and 1/4 inch outputs are all going to be in the same mode.  Having said that, I'm sure I read some posts a while ago that proposed a creative way to use the effects loop to get a line signal at the same time as using the XLR for combo / amp mode.

Well I am feeling pretty dumb now.  That is exactly what it is.  I changed the output to Stack Pwr Amp and it sucks balls through the PA.  Totally unusable.  Studio Direct is awesome.  So the moral of the story is the 1/4 outs for me are history in Stack Pwr Amp.  I can't even think what I would want to feed them to.  I can't imagine that scratchy, distorted mess sounding good through anything.  I will have to try the XLR outs.