Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help! Pod Farm 2.5 With Ilok 1st Gen?

Hey guys! 

About to purchase Pod Farm 2.5 for my ilok. I own an ilok first generation. Will this work? Or am I required to purchase an ilok 2nd gen? I have searched the system requirements on the Line 6 website and it isn't specified. Any info would be great. 

Thanks!

you can put a 2.5 license on a gen1 ilock....

however, i would advise simply getting the hardware independent license... software can be authorized to 4 devices at once time without relocating your ilok.

that and the biggest bonus is that you can use model packs... with the ilok its either standard or platinum... no model packs.

• Thanks 1

As Zap pointed out, the iLok version is a standard, or everything choice.  You cannot use model packs.  You also cannot use the iLok version in "stand alone" mode.  It can only be used as a VST plug-in.  I tend to use the stand-alone for auditioning tones in real-time.

That said, if your primary use case is as a plug-in from within your DAW for re-amping, and portability is a concern, then the iLok version might be right for you.

One last question, what DAW software will you be using it with?

• Thanks 1