Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Via An Amp And Ability To Load Patches From Pod Farm

Hi,

For practice and experimenting with various tones I use a guitars via my Line 6 UX2 into my laptop and then into POD Farm 2.5 Platinum. I can also export my patches into my DAW, which is Reason 7, and use the Line 6 guitar and bass amps in that software. Now, I was thinking it would be cool if I could uses a small POD product (like POD 2) to plug into my practice amp but to also have the capability to transfer the tones from POD Farm 2.5 into the POD unit. Is this possible or is there a Line 6 product that will enable this. I don't want to go crazy on this as it is very much a practice set-up. I play through IV amp and have the M13 stompbox controller and a Digitech iPB10 pedalboard, so I don't need another expensive effects kit.

Basically, I get a hugh amount of enjoyment out of the POD Farm and would like to expand its use by having the ability to download/transfer some patches/presets to another POD device.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

GM

Unfortunately, the PF 2.5 patches do not transfer to any of the Line 6 hardware based gear.  This is because of PF 2.5's flexible effects chain routing which the POD's (2.0, XT & X3) do not have.  POD HD has a flexible signal chain, but it uses different modeling tech than PF does, so it is not compatible either.

One thought is to pick up a used POD X3 and remake your patches to work with it using the free Gearbox app.  X3 and PF 2.5 have the same modeling tech and models.  You will not be able to use your existing patches directly though, as the X3 has fixed effects routing  Sorry.

Hi, Many thanks for getting back to me so quickly and with such a thorough answer and explanation. Although I didn't get the answer I was hoping for, I learned something and that is no bad thing.

Thanks again.

Cheers