Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A New Amp

MIKEY9966

I am looking at purchaseing a new amp a Taylor k1 keyboard amp, I would like to know if this would be a good choice for stereo my first amp a black star ht 5, what would be the best way to hook up the amps, the k1 has stereo input so would take 2 1/4, so my problem is were would I get the other 1/4 out, I was thinking the headphones jack? Or the fx out but I think that would cancel out the 2 1/4 outputs, any ideals, thanks,

Do you mean the Traynor K1?

If so, it's a mono amp with stereo inputs, so you've got two choices, depending on what your amp setup is.

You could pan your mixer left/right and use the two amps for a stereo rig.

Or you could centre your mixer and get a summed mono to each amp.

There are other options as well:

You could take an FX loop to the K1 to use it as a dry amp and run it's line out back to the Pod then use the HT5 as a wet amp.

Like I say, it depends what you're actually buying the amp for.

Do you mean the Traynor K1?

If so, it's a mono amp with stereo inputs, so you've got two choices, depending on what your amp setup is.

You could pan your mixer left/right and use the two amps for a stereo rig.

Or you could centre your mixer and get a summed mono to each amp.

There are other options as well:

You could take an FX loop to the K1 to use it as a dry amp and run it's line out back to the Pod then use the HT5 as a wet amp.

Like I say, it depends what you're actually buying the amp for.

I would like to have a stereo set up, so your saying not to plug 2 inputs into the k1 , plug intoboth into the fx return

Do you think the wet and dry method you describe would be a better sounding rig?

I did answer it. The first time. Throw a splitter on one channel, send it to blackstar and one Traynor input. Other output to Traynor. Done. Same as first time. Although the first time I did just say yes you could. I could have elaborated more.

I did answer it. The first time. Throw a splitter on one channel, send it to blackstar and one Traynor input. Other output to Traynor. Done. Same as first time. Although the first time I did just say yes you could. I could have elaborated more.

Thank you sorry if I didn't get it,

So pod left 1/4 out to black star fx return with spliter out to k1 stereo input 1 and right 1/4 pod out to stereo input 2

Done deal, , as you can tell I and not a pro thanks again

Thank you sorry if I didn't get it,

So pod left 1/4 out to black star fx return with spliter out to k1 stereo input 1 and right 1/4 pod out to stereo input 2

Done deal, , as you can tell I and not a pro thanks again

It was on me. I should have explained it better in the first post. I talked about the amps a lot and just jumped past your first question quickly with an affirmative reply. Let us know how it works for you!

Well the k1 is great with my the black star I was really happy. I can't get stereo left right pan don't work, I think this is because of the spliter, but, I may try just buy 2 1/4 and see if this works. I am not using the 4 cable method as I don't think it will work with my rig if it did work It work just be on the black star so 1 amp with 4c and one with out, dose not make any sense, any way I am jaming again so not going to mess with it for a while. And I would reomend k1 k2 and the mother of all amps the k4 some peole are buy instead of the dt 25

Ok will no spliter, just a simple 2 1/4 outs in to the front of black star and a k1, killer sound so happy, I found out adding effects till the dos runs out was not working so I kept it simple and adding a ping pong and got nice stereo, what other effects can I add that will work this way, also down loaded some 5 star tones from moboo I read he has the best tone, I didn't try them let but looking at them there is no effect loop and the set up is total different then what I came up with, so the 4 cable method dose not seem worth it,.. Reckon

Ok will no spliter, just a simple 2 1/4 outs in to the front of black star and a k1, killer sound so happy, I found out adding effects till the dos runs out was not working so I kept it simple and adding a ping pong and got nice stereo, what other effects can I add that will work this way, also down loaded some 5 star tones from moboo I read he has the best tone, I didn't try them let but looking at them there is no effect loop and the set up is total different then what I came up with, so the 4 cable method dose not seem worth it,.. Reckon

Meambobbo's tones are designed for direct studio recording, not amp playback. They are awesome if that is what you use though. Glad to hear your experiment is working out for you!

What do you mean direct studio ? Not amp play back? I have not used them yet when I get home, if you don't mind could you send me what a good heavy patch should look like, I tell ya just when you think you got it something else comes up, btw my 2 xlr are into my interface and can power 4 studio monitors and a sub, is this what studio direct is for? I find when I have every thing going its just to much wall of sound,

Well they sound good to me, I am pulling patch off line and twicking them seam to work just fine, going to addition for a band this week end, hope it works out when I crank it up, will be strange not having my computer inter face to work with I think line 6 do a great job with it, I don't even know how to use the pod for patches