Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pocket Pod Tone To Pod Hd Desktop

dlettau

No, there's no conversion utility or anything like that. They're completely different modeling platforms. So if you have a tone on the Pocket POD you like, you'll have to try to replicate as best you can on the HD by building it from scratch.

Other than Custom Tone, I don't know. There may be a few sites that have patched available for download, but I always think that the PODs are much more useful if you learn how to dial in the tones you want on your own. One of the users here, Meambobbo, put a lot of work into a guide that can be found here: http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/

I thought that POD HD and HD500 had compatible patches but with a different extension, but even if they don't you could try this patch converter to give you access to any HD custom tone, not just those created on the desktop:

Yeah, you should be able to use tone created on the Bean for the HD500, but not necessarily vice versa. The HD500 has the effects loop, and the Bean doesn't, so if there are tones creates on the HD500 with the loop, you could run into issues.

It's a pod hd desktop but I think it's the same as the pod hd 500.

I'm not sure how you mean this... They do have the same processor, and the signal chain through the units is very similar. But they're different products. The desktop is also known as the Bean:

line-6-pod-hd-desktop-300x199.jpg

The HD500 is a floor-based unit:

2936_Line_6_Pod_HD_500_99-060-1615_a.jpg

What I was curious about are the tone patches compatible?

Like I said above, they are, but it's not exactly plug and play. Really, if you want to open HD500 tones in the Bean, you need to download HD500 Edit, and open the 500 tones in there to make sure the effects loop block isn't being used.  If it is, remove that from the tone, and then re-save it. After you've done that you'll have to change the extension to .hbe. That should work.

Just to be clear - the patches are compatible among the Pod HD Bean/Pro/Prox/500/500x. The conversion utility mentioned above by Rewolf48 makes patches completely compatible.

However, patches from the Pocket Pod (which was your original question) are not compatible with any Pod HD device and there is no conversion utility that will make them compatible.