Photo

Is The Pod Pro Hd X Right For Me?

line 6 pro hd x metal rock blues help pre amp power amp music recording

Best Answer TheRealZap , 01 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

yes to everything... although i do think you'd probably be served just as well with the pod hd desktop.

summary:

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

4. yes (subjective... but the modeling is newer technology and this is my opinion)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FusedPower

FusedPower

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Ok, so here's my dilemma.  As of now I live in a tiny apartment with my Line 6 Spider 3, my guitar, and my laptop. Now, for the past year I've been playing through my amp through headphones, like through the headphone jack, because I cant play my amp slightly loud enough, before my neighbors come banging at my door. Anyways, I'm thinking about buying a Pod Pro HD X, but there's a few things I want to know about it before I pick it up. 

1. Can I plug headphones and my guitar into it and play directly through it?

2. I'm pretty sure this is true, but can I plug my guitar and headphones into it, and plug it into my laptop via USB, for recording purposes? 

3. Can I use a L6 FBV Express MKII on it? For like Wah effects and stuff?

4. Does the Pod Pro HD X sound better than the Line 6 Spider 4? 

Those are pretty much my only questions.  I really want the HDX because I want to start recording, and I've tried with my Line 6 Spider 3 using a Aux audio to aux audio and plugging it into my mic port in my laptop, and it sounds like utter sh*t. I really don't want another actual amp either, because I hardly play live, or go out to play.

So is the Pro HD X right for me? Attached File  Pod pro hd.jpg   42.5KB   0 downloads

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15516 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:26 PM   Best Answer

yes to everything... although i do think you'd probably be served just as well with the pod hd desktop.

summary:

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

4. yes (subjective... but the modeling is newer technology and this is my opinion)

#3 FusedPower

FusedPower

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

summary:

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

Thanks man! You answered all the questions I needed!  :D  I was thinking about going for the Pod HD Desktop, but doesn't the Pro HDX have more modeling tones? I'm kind of a tone geek, I like as many as I can get. 

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15516 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

nope... exactly the same tones and amp models...

the pro X has a little more horsepower so you can run a little more in the effects chain... but mostly its more inputs and outputs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: line 6, pro hd x, metal, rock, blues, help, pre amp, power amp, music, recording

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users