Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is The Pod Pro Hd X Right For Me?

FusedPower

Ok, so here's my dilemma.  As of now I live in a tiny apartment with my Line 6 Spider 3, my guitar, and my laptop. Now, for the past year I've been playing through my amp through headphones, like through the headphone jack, because I cant play my amp slightly loud enough, before my neighbors come banging at my door. Anyways, I'm thinking about buying a Pod Pro HD X, but there's a few things I want to know about it before I pick it up. 

1. Can I plug headphones and my guitar into it and play directly through it?

2. I'm pretty sure this is true, but can I plug my guitar and headphones into it, and plug it into my laptop via USB, for recording purposes? 

3. Can I use a L6 FBV Express MKII on it? For like Wah effects and stuff?

4. Does the Pod Pro HD X sound better than the Line 6 Spider 4? 

Those are pretty much my only questions.  I really want the HDX because I want to start recording, and I've tried with my Line 6 Spider 3 using a Aux audio to aux audio and plugging it into my mic port in my laptop, and it sounds like utter sh*t. I really don't want another actual amp either, because I hardly play live, or go out to play.

So is the Pro HD X right for me? post-1861678-0-15226100-1383351265_thumb.jpg

yes to everything... although i do think you'd probably be served just as well with the pod hd desktop.

summary:

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

4. yes (subjective... but the modeling is newer technology and this is my opinion)

Thanks man! You answered all the questions I needed!  :D  I was thinking about going for the Pod HD Desktop, but doesn't the Pro HDX have more modeling tones? I'm kind of a tone geek, I like as many as I can get.