Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problems With Live X3 Live And Gearbox After Latest Maverick Driver

heartworkpauly

Recently just updated my iMac to Maverick and had a prompt to downloaded the latest driver through Line 6 Monkey.

Now I get the following messages

Error reads:

Ignoring connection to POD X3 Live

Device has incompatible driver installed.

and

POD X3 Library Error

Tone Transfer Failed

Reason: (Code 80009000C) MIDI device timed out waiting for a response.

Ant help would be greatly appreciated :)

I've seen several reports of errors from users who have upgraded to the Maverick OS. I have not yet seen any solutions or workarounds, nor any acknowledgment from Line 6 that their drivers need to be updated. I suspect you will need to wait for a driver update but that is pure speculation on my part.

To get an official response form Line 6 on this I suggest you open a support ticket top work with them directly.

• Upvote 1

Hi, I ran into the same problem, I tried to go back to a previous driver release 7.2.3, and Gearbox (3.72) started to work again. I have not yet tested all the functionallity of GB but the connection issues and sync messages disapeared. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi, I ran into the same problem, I tried to go back to a previous driver release 7.2.3, and Gearbox (3.72) started to work again. I have not yet tested all the functionallity of GB but the connection issues and sync messages disapeared. 

Thank a lot , jfalzate , work for me  ;)  (ps link for 7.2.3 driver  http://line6.com/software/readeula.html ...yeah 

I tried reloading the 7.2.3 drivers, downloaded from the website. Installation says it works. When I bring up Gearbox (3.72), I still get an error about invalid drivers, and when I bring up Monkey (1.65) it says I have 7.3.6 drivers.  Help! Do I have to do something special to load back-level drivers? Is Monkey telling me the truth?

:(

OK, I found how to uninstall the newer driver first. Then the old driver install worked and it got rid of the error message.  

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/computer-based-recording/computer-audio-set-up-and-troubleshooting/how-to-uninstall-line-6-drivers-from-mac-osx-r85

Hey Line 6, can you explain why your older driver works better than the one that supposedly has Mavericks support??

Thanks
Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

РуÑÑкий

alt
alt

Preferences

Thanks for the assist. Had not plugged my X3 to my computer in a while, thought I'd do an update since I've got maverick and it didn't work. Downgraded and everything is fine! Thanks!

there is not going to be a fix for gearbox. It is no longer being developed.

Support has ended, Live technical support will end as well as of January 1st.

this workaround was posted by another user, and perhaps it will work for you.

To remove driver 7.3.6

1- On a terminal run this command   sudo pkgutil --forget com.line6.driver.xtaudio.package (enter)

2- Then this sudo pkgutil --forget com.line6.driver.xtmidi.package (enter)

3- Reboot

To install driver 7.2.9

4- Downloaded driver version 7.2.9  http://line6.com/sof...a.html?rid=5675

5- Run the 7.2.9 driver package to install it and ended the process with a reboot

Same issue for me.

Hey Line 6 - get off your butts and get us a fix for this.  

Thank you.  

• 1 month later...

This 'fix' did not work for me. 

Terminal says i 'forgot' the 7.3.6 drivers. 

This linked download doesn't really look like the 7.2.9 it's supposed to. After the reboots and everything Monkey still says i'm on 7.3.6 but when i go back to terminal to re-forget it, i'm told it's not there.

awesomely stuck.

UPDATE on my plight - turns out this link posted by TheRealZap is for StageScape M20D, not the 7.2.9 drivers.  

A bit more poking around enabled me to find the correct link: (2nd down on this page)  http://line6.com/software/?hardware=PODxt&name=Drivers&os=Mac+OS+X&submit=Show%253A

Still need to know what software we're supposed to be using instead of GearBox

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried to go back to driver 7.2.9, like TheRealZap says. GearBox recognizes X3Live, but when doesn't work fine. When I try to open or save a Bundle File, it acts like the file doesn't exist, or Transfer Fails...

What a great crap!

Any solution?

• 2 weeks later...

it's ridiculous that so far in February 2014, the Line6 still has not solved the problem of the drivers for the old POD X3 with Maverick and you must install the new old otherwise do not work. Dear Line6 are not're no longer a serious and respectful day your customers, in the past I was excited but in the last two years you have degraded to the worst levels of commercial robbery!

perhaps you missed the announcement... support for the X3 is ending...

you should probably get used to the old drivers and workarounds etc..

or simply stop updating your mac....

because they are not likely to spend any time correcting issues with devices in which they no longer support.

it's ridiculous that so far in February 2014, the Line6 still has not solved the problem of the drivers for the old POD X3 with Maverick and you must install the new old otherwise do not work. Dear Line6 are not're no longer a serious and respectful day your customers, in the past I was excited but in the last two years you have degraded to the worst levels of commercial robbery!

The drivers did not work already when the support for the "old" X3 was not stopped, so I find it unfair behavior adopted, only to push you to buy a product that, moreover, is qualittativamente worse than the old. The seriousness is also seen in the care of their products over time, not nell'ottuso sell to sell, say to the men of that marketing must return to study behavioral economics if they want to survive in a market where quality counts of realzione with the customer. 

One more reason not to take Line6 products in the future if these are the new dictates! 

Too bad I am very satisfied of the old Line6, and I have recommended and did take the products to many musicians, but disgusted with the new!

if you had adopted that philosophy when apple dropped support for the PPC processors, then the x3 would still work with your windows computer....

seriously though... the drivers stayed the same... apple changed... so lets blame the drivers... ok that makes sense. /sarcasm.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I can't start Gearbox, same problem here, have tried every tip on this thread with no luck.

Get an error "This device has an incompatible driver installed" everytime I run it, and "Line 6 Monkey" doesn't allow me to upload new tones to data banks, it shows this error "Error transfering tones. Reason: (Code 8000900C) MIDI device timed out waiting for a response

Any hint?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wanted to add my voice of sadness and annoyance that X3 live using Gearbox has been left out in the cold, and to add a little more info that I found to the useful stuff already stated.

When installing the last drivers below the latest (v7.2.9), the connection between my X3 live and Gearbox works, thus allowing the connection to my electric, acoustic & bass variax guitars (yes, I'm a bit of a Line freak). BUT, the driver control box doesn't show up in the preferences. (Go check yours, see if it's there, in the bottom row of preferences.)

This affects my connection with my UX2 (told you I was a Line6 freak!) which I had before getting the X3 Live, & that I still use in my studio setup as the standard audio interface.  I need to use the driver control preferences applet to change the inputs on the UX2, for recording purposes as it defaults to something I don't use.

When I reinstall the latest drivers, the preferences applet immediately shows up again. Now I can change the inputs on the UX2, but I can't get to use workbench with my variaxes, nor, of course, use Gearbox with the X3 Live.

So, for the X3 Live you don't really need the preference applet, so go for the v7.2.9 driver (uninstalling the latest one first). But for me, I'm stuck across too working conditions now; recording using my UX2 into my Studio One sequencer, and tweaking my variax guitars for new sounds, live and in the studio.

Longer than I thought, but that's my story.

• 2 years later...

Yes, I am resurrecting an old thread.  It is one of many with the same flavor.

As support for Gearbox is dead, will Line 6 now release the communication protocols or (better!) open source Gearbox and the drivers so the community can come up with its own solution?

BONJOUR

J'ai un pod x3 live et when VITESSES je ne Je ouvre peux plus aller télécharger des CUSTOM TOMES

Je suis sous windows 7 32bits et j'ai téléchargé les drivers  sur LINE 6 monkey .

Pourriez-vous me aider SVP?

MERCI

• 1 year later...
On 11/9/2013 at 3:19 PM, jfalzate said:

You have saved me a lot of time. Even after all those years. Thank you.