Photo

No Sound Keyboard Pod Studio Kb37

keyboard pod studio kb37 no sound

Best Answer Triryche , 03 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

You need to route the midi from the KB37 to some sort of sound bank / virtual instrument.

The KB37 key board is a  MIDI controler. I think it comes with reason limited, which I belive has some virtual instruments.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jaff123

jaff123

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

just purchased a used Pod Studio KB37. Downloaded Gearbox and the latest drivers, everything works wel. Can plug my guitar in and play. But, the keyboard produces not a single sound. I have a Windows 7 pc. No idea how to fix this problem...

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4992 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:09 PM   Best Answer

You need to route the midi from the KB37 to some sort of sound bank / virtual instrument.

The KB37 key board is a  MIDI controler. I think it comes with reason limited, which I belive has some virtual instruments.

#3 jaff123

jaff123

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

My KB37 keyboard (still) produces no sound, when connected to the pc.

I've used a usb cable to plug it in.

Do I need another cable to connect KB37 and computer in order to make the keyboard connect too? Maybe through the SPDIF-out? If thats the case, what kind of cable do I need....?

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15341 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

the kb37 will never create sounds on its own... 

you need the usb connected, drivers installed, and a daw opened with an armed midi track with a virtual instrument enabled.

and of course the speakers need plugged into the kb37 (not into your computer)

#5 jaff123

jaff123

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

the kb37 will never create sounds on its own... 

you need the usb connected, drivers installed, and a daw opened with an armed midi track with a virtual instrument enabled.

and of course the speakers need plugged into the kb37 (not into your computer)

usb connected, got the right software (gearbox / ableton) and drivers, speakers and headphone working. I have already connected the guitar and mic, great stuff...

But the keyboard itself produces no sound. So, do I need a second cable to connect it to the computer? Or how should the set up be?

#6 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15341 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

you don't need a second cable.. you need to add a new midi track to ableton... then add a virtual instrument to that track.

you may have to go into ableton preferences as well and select the kb37 as the midi device.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keyboard, pod studio kb37, no sound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users