2 replies to this topic

#1 guitarsunlimited

guitarsunlimited

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:31 AM

Hi, I am trying to route a midi signal from the Variax Acoustic through my pod xt live to my computers sound card. Used settings as per pod xt pilots handbook, but there is no input signal in the sequenzer (Reason 7). Using same midi input/cable with a keyboard works fine.

Can somebody help?

Thanks

Guitarsunlimited

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5517 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

What are you trying to do exactly? Create an automation track for the Variax? Or you expecting the Variax to send MIDI note data? In either case, the Variax doesn't send MIDI data like that to the XTL. The Variax isn't a MIDI guitar, so you can't use it to control other MIDI instruments.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 guitarsunlimited

guitarsunlimited

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

What are you trying to do exactly? Create an automation track for the Variax? Or you expecting the Variax to send MIDI note data? In either case, the Variax doesn't send MIDI data like that to the XTL. The Variax isn't a MIDI guitar, so you can't use it to control other MIDI instruments.

Hi & thanks for your answer; my assumption was that there would be a midi signal available to route to the sequenzer. So its obviously back to the keyboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users