Photo

How Do I Set Volume Levels For The Different Guitar Model Amps?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davidmcginnis

davidmcginnis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

When switching between clean/twang/blues and insane/metal amps....the volume levels on the insane and metal are huge loud, while the previous mentioned amp settings aren't nearly as loud.  HELP!.  I have the Spider Jam 2.0, bought new from Guitar Center, and the FBV Shortboard MKII, bought used from Guitar Center a year later.

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11385 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

There is no overall volume leveling/balancing. You need to manually edit the Volume setting(s) on each preset to balance them to your liking. Turn the softer presets up, and turn the louder presets down.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 davidmcginnis

davidmcginnis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

copy that, Uber....I'm down with that, thanks for the response, but I'm having trouble with that manual editing of volume procedure, can you give a walk-thru, even a general tip?  I don't see the specific instructions in any manual, I don't see a detailed step-by-step.  I do read and follow procedures well, but haven't found the text yet. Thank you again, kind-rocking-sir.

#4 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11385 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

I'm not familiar with the Spider Jam so can't tell you exactly what options you have re: volume knobs, but the general procedure is:

- adjust the Channel, or power amp, volume - not the Drive/Gain or pre-amp volume. The former increases only volume; the latter also affects tonality.

- start with the clean sounding tones/presets. Increase their volume to the desired level first, then move on to the dirtier/grittier tones and adjust their levels to balance with the clean tones. Finally, balance your hi-gain and lead tones with the others.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users