Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How Do I Set Volume Levels For The Different Guitar Model Amps?

davidmcginnis

When switching between clean/twang/blues and insane/metal amps....the volume levels on the insane and metal are huge loud, while the previous mentioned amp settings aren't nearly as loud.  HELP!.  I have the Spider Jam 2.0, bought new from Guitar Center, and the FBV Shortboard MKII, bought used from Guitar Center a year later.

copy that, Uber....I'm down with that, thanks for the response, but I'm having trouble with that manual editing of volume procedure, can you give a walk-thru, even a general tip?  I don't see the specific instructions in any manual, I don't see a detailed step-by-step.  I do read and follow procedures well, but haven't found the text yet. Thank you again, kind-rocking-sir.

I'm not familiar with the Spider Jam so can't tell you exactly what options you have re: volume knobs, but the general procedure is:

- adjust the Channel, or power amp, volume - not the Drive/Gain or pre-amp volume. The former increases only volume; the latter also affects tonality.

- start with the clean sounding tones/presets. Increase their volume to the desired level first, then move on to the dirtier/grittier tones and adjust their levels to balance with the clean tones. Finally, balance your hi-gain and lead tones with the others.