Photo

How Those The Mic Input On X3 Or Hd500,or Hd500x Really Works?

any videos ?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 xaelgt

xaelgt

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

hi

i want to know if theres videos or reviews of how the input mic works on the x3, hd500 and the hd500x.thanks.

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11462 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

I don't know if there are videos specifically on the mic inputs, but here's how they are used:

- you need to use dynamic mics, not condenser mics. None of the devices you list provide the phantom power required for condenser mics.

- connect the mic cable to the MIC input on the device

- select Mic as an input for the preset on the device. For X3 select Mic as either Tone 1 or Tone 2 input. For Pod HD select Mic as Input 1 or Input 2.

- adjust the Trim knob on device to get a good signal level. This knob is beside the MIC input.

- apply your desired amp/FX processing for the mic channel on the device.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 xaelgt

xaelgt

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

thanks , i was looking for videos on youtube ,but theres no one about the mic input.

#4 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11462 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

What is it that you want to know? Do you have a specific question?

.... John Lennon

#5 grapy

grapy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

Hi! I was wondering in the HD500x can you use the mic in to mic an amp? And combine it with what already you have in your guitar signal?

#6 brue58ski

brue58ski

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

What an interesting idea. I don't see why you couldn't.

#7 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11462 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

I wonder if this would generate a nasty feedback loop. We know that feedback for vocalists occurs when the vocal mic picks up its own signal from the PA speaker; just try standing in front of the speaker with the mic pointed at it when singing!

I know the setup you describe is different in the sense that the mic is not picking up its own signal through the amp's speaker, but the same sort of signal double-processing could occur in the HD500 preset setup. You may be able to avoid it by ensuring that you use a dual-path setup in the HD500 that keeps the mic and guitar signals completely separate.

.... John Lennon

#8 Palico

Palico

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:30 AM

I wonder if this would generate a nasty feedback loop. We know that feedback for vocalists occurs when the vocal mic picks up its own signal from the PA speaker; just try standing in front of the speaker with the mic pointed at it when singing!

This is true but it will only be a couple of offending frequencies that cause it. With a Specetral Anaylizer (you can get them on a tablet or phone) and good EQ (31 band perferred to get to narrow Qs) you can lower just the problem frequeices and get so you can just about lay the mic on the speaker and have zero feedback. 

#9 pfsmith0

pfsmith0

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

You'll only get feedback if the signal coming out of the HD ends up coming out the amp (only to be fed back into the HD again). I think the main issue will be some comb filtering if the two signals are ever combined due to different delays - guitar thru an external amp and guitar straight into the HD. If you keep the signals separated L/R all the way thru then this should go away as well.

#10 jandrio

jandrio

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:26 AM

Hi! I was wondering in the HD500x can you use the mic in to mic an amp? And combine it with what already you have in your guitar signal?

why don't u try it 'n post sound sample(s) + patch(es)

#11 billlorentzen

billlorentzen

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

Hm, that's actually a darn creative idea! Other than distortion, the fx in the HD all work fine post amp, so it might be a cool solution for a Larry Carlton type rig. He runs right into the amp and then mics it and into a mixer for his fx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users