3 replies to this topic

#1 DjacobCaine

DjacobCaine

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hey everyone, I just received a PODHD500 in the mail and I'm having a bit of trouble with direct recording. I'm using a Dell with an Intel Celeron with 1.70 GHz, 4 gigs of ram, and windows 8. I dialed in a good djent tone and wanted to test it with a drum track I had in Reaper. I haven't had any latency issues with reaper since I did a system recovery on the computer, hell this morning I was messing around with a djent setup that included about 8 plugins and there were no problems. I attempted to record with the POD and everything seemed to be going well during the recording until I played it back and noticed that my guitar playing was milliseconds off of the actual drum track, I even tried the same thing with audacity and experienced the same issue. Can anybody offer any advice or give me an ultimatum on the situation?

Im running guitar > Pod > Computer Via USB > DAW

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11443 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

What ASIO driver are you using? How are you monitoring your sound?

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 DjacobCaine

DjacobCaine

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

WIth reaper I was using the WDM Kernel driver, I set the sample rate to 2x128. With audacity I just had it set to MME. 

#4 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11443 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

You should be using the Line 6 ASIO device driver. In Reaper, configure your audio system settings to use the Pod HD500 and its ASIO driver as the audio input and output device.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: podhd500, windows8, audacity, reaper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users