Photo

What Will Happen To Custom Tone?

Best Answer silverhead , 06 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

I think there's no need for concern. There is little or no product support going on in Customtone - it is simply a user-populated repository that has no Line 6 moderators. Line 6 has already created (or purchased) the Customtone database and the engine that drives it. That work/expense is already done, and what little maintenance and support is required will be provided as long as there are supported Line 6 products that use it.

It would require actual work for Line 6 to remove the legacy presets/tones. And it requires no work to leave them there. So I expect they will remain.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 357mag

357mag

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'm wondering if the Custom Tone part of this site for the X3 will be removed on the first of the year. I hope not.

#2 GilmourD

GilmourD

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

I'm wondering if the Custom Tone part of this site for the X3 will be removed on the first of the year. I hope not.

Why would it be?

#3 357mag

357mag

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

Because Line 6 is ending support for Legacy products.

#4 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11448 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:05 PM   Best Answer

I think there's no need for concern. There is little or no product support going on in Customtone - it is simply a user-populated repository that has no Line 6 moderators. Line 6 has already created (or purchased) the Customtone database and the engine that drives it. That work/expense is already done, and what little maintenance and support is required will be provided as long as there are supported Line 6 products that use it.

It would require actual work for Line 6 to remove the legacy presets/tones. And it requires no work to leave them there. So I expect they will remain.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)