benbutterworth

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hi,

I am using two DT25 amps in L6 link with my HD 500. It sounds very good.

One thing puzzles me, I cannot use the effects loop or insert HD500 effects AFTER the amp in L6 when set up as Amp A and Amp B in the setup menu - I can only use them BEFORE the amp.

I have to set them up as left and right amps. Does this make a difference to the tone? Allocated as Amp A and Amp B is it simply allocating the path and the amp icon is just an indicator of the amp chain - where is the effects loop in the chain when set up as Amp A and Amp B? The amp seems to be the end of the chain. Which seems odd. I can't understand why it is necessary to have this setting.

Any thoughts are helpful!

BB

#2 benbutterworth

benbutterworth

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

Ok, so I have worked out that if I put a reverb in front of the amp it distorts (or can do with overdrive) so this works much like a real amp.

However, if I then set up the DT25's as left and right and put a reverb after the mixer, it sounds really tinny and fizzy. Am I doing something wrong on the settings in the mixer?

#3 benbutterworth

benbutterworth

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

If both amps are active, and the reverb is after the mixer it also reduces the reverb in the mix. If switch one amp out with my ABY switcher - the reverb is bigger in the mix. Very odd.

Perhaps it's because I run a dual signal into the HD500? One to the Guitar input, the other to the aux? This enables me to put pedals in front of the guitar input.

#4 Brazzy

Brazzy

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2265 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Registered Products:16

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

I've been playing around with the HD500 running Stack Front into a DT50 Head. I haven't tried the Line 6 Link yet, but I can fun effects after the mixer this way and it really sounds good with the Amp set clean. I don't understand why you cant put a reverb after the amp model, it really needs to be there?

Whoops, I found another thread you made here.

#5 benbutterworth

benbutterworth

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

I don't understand the reason why they have this option. Surely you just run it like a normal legs nd right. Having the Amp A/Amp B option seems odd to me. Anybody care to elaborate.

The mixer isn't intuitive either. In fact, it's a pain.