Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone Have Troubles Updating From Vetta Hd To Vetta Ii Through Midisport Uno?

BrianHensley

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

РуÑÑкий

alt
alt

Preferences

I recently bought the midisport uno interface with the intention of updating my Vetta HD to the Vetta II.  I had to contact tech support because of a registration problem with the serial number.  When I told him of my update intentions he advised me not to update, saying that if anything went wrong during the update procedure that my Vetta would become an oversized door stop.  He said that it would have to be sent to the shop for repairs and that because of the age of the amp finding parts would be an issue.  So now I have a conundrum about whether to risk an update.  Has anyone heard of this problem before?  Any unrecoverable crashes during an update?  I've really been looking forward to performing this update for a while but now I'm afraid of losing everything if I do.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Brian Hensley

I'd hook it up and try reading some patches etc. though the cable.  If all seems to be working well with it and the amp and everything functions as it should, then I'd go ahead with the upgrade after reading and gaining a full understanding of exactly what to do and when to do it.

But that's just me, it's your amp and your call. If this sort of thing gives you the willys and you're not comfortable with it, then when in doubt, obstain.

BTW no parts should be needed to do an upgrade or reflash the amp if things go wrong. If push comes to shove another amp can be used to do it.

Maybe the best thing for you to do is to first locate a shop that can handle it if things take a wrong turn so you don't brink your amp forever.

For what its worth, the upgrade is not really that big of a deal. The tuner works better and other stuff like that but all the factory patches still pretty much suck in my opinion whether it's the new or old software but that's pretty typical of any make. Factory patches just generally suck no matter what factory they come from or what gear they're going into.     

• 3 years later...

I use an old creative labs sound blaster audigy zs. Use an old version of monkey. I just did two amps with it!

Monkey no longer works as line6 disabled it. it was a web based tool that was unwise to implement in the first place as it added far too many places for bad things to happen in the updating process. Best to use an update file and a direct connection to the amp instead of adding a bunch of internet garbage to the chain.