#1 fulgenziogi

fulgenziogi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:11 AM

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Pod HD 400. When I plug it pc, the pc don't recognizes the device. I'he installed the drivers, monkey and line6 editor. Nothing. The Pod works great on speakers and mixer. I'hve tried to plug the pod on different pc with different OS: all the same!. I've tried with different cables and it's the same. Someone can help me?.

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15696 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

try a different USB cable... also inspect the usb ports on the device and make sure there are no physical issues.

#3 fulgenziogi

fulgenziogi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

try a different USB cable... also inspect the usb ports on the device and make sure there are no physical issues.

As I just wrote "I've tried with different cables and it's the same." Thanks for the answer anyway. Port inspected: everything it's ok!.

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15696 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

have you installed the driver package independently of monkey?

have you did a global reset on the pod?

#5 fulgenziogi

fulgenziogi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:10 AM

have you installed the driver package independently of monkey?

have you did a global reset on the pod?

Yes, both. I've tried in different ways!

#6 fulgenziogi

fulgenziogi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

I would add a new information that I missing in the first post. When I plug the Pod at the Pc, the Windows device manager says "Unknown device". A little help please?

#7 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

line6 edit or hd edit

I'M SO HAPPY!

#8 fulgenziogi

fulgenziogi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

line6 edit or hd edit

I don't understand what you mean...scuse me

#9 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11512 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

The HD400 does not use the program called Line 6 Edit. It uses a program called HD400 Edit. If you are using Line 6 Edit instead of the proper HD400 Edit program, that would explain your problem.

Use Line 6 Monkey to help you download and install the HD400 Edit program.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#10 fulgenziogi

fulgenziogi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

The HD400 does not use the program called Line 6 Edit. It uses a program called HD400 Edit. If you are using Line 6 Edit instead of the proper HD400 Edit program, that would explain your problem.

Use Line 6 Monkey to help you download and install the HD400 Edit program.

I know, but monkey don't found the device because the pc don't recognizes the device. 

#11 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

did you purchase your hd400 new or used? are you sure you are following the procedure correctly?  try uninstalling line6 software with the uninstaller and start from the beginning. 

I'M SO HAPPY!

#12 ibnghalad

ibnghalad

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

I have the same problem with my hd300 after i tried to update firmware 2.01 that was not finished succesfully.

Before firmware update anything worked fine. Now the pc just reports unknown device.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled driver and monkey v1.62. I'm not able to install 1.43 as posted in other threads as monkey disappears if i do not agree update.

USB cable and port are ok. I resetted also POD HD300. But nothing helps.

#13 fulgenziogi

fulgenziogi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

did you purchase your hd400 new or used? are you sure you are following the procedure correctly?  try uninstalling line6 software with the uninstaller and start from the beginning. 

The pod is used and the proceure that I follow was correct. 

#14 fulgenziogi

fulgenziogi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

I have the same problem with my hd300 after i tried to update firmware 2.01 that was not finished succesfully.

Before firmware update anything worked fine. Now the pc just reports unknown device.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled driver and monkey v1.62. I'm not able to install 1.43 as posted in other threads as monkey disappears if i do not agree update.

USB cable and port are ok. I resetted also POD HD300. But nothing helps.

Exactly...the difference with me is that I didn't upgrade the firmware.

#15 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:03 AM

The pod is used and the proceure that I follow was correct. 

perhaps there is an problem with the usb that was undisclosed when you bought it. 

there are other people much more informed than i am on this so hang in there and if it can be resolved they will know how to do it.

you can also submit a support ticket to line6 directly. go to your account page, the submission form is there.

I'M SO HAPPY!

#16 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2775 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

If it's a newer computer, make sure that it is a USB 2 port, and not a USB 3 port.  USB 1 or 2 devices sometimes work rather dodgy on USB 3 ports.  I recently ran into this problem with my UX-2, as well as a few other devices.  When I removed them from the USB3 ports and put them into USB 2 ports they began to work flawlessly.

#17 fulgenziogi

fulgenziogi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

perhaps there is an problem with the usb that was undisclosed when you bought it. 

there are other people much more informed than i am on this so hang in there and if it can be resolved they will know how to do it.

you can also submit a support ticket to line6 directly. go to your account page, the submission form is there.

Thanks for the procedure.

If it's a newer computer, make sure that it is a USB 2 port, and not a USB 3 port.  USB 1 or 2 devices sometimes work rather dodgy on USB 3 ports.  I recently ran into this problem with my UX-2, as well as a few other devices.  When I removed them from the USB3 ports and put them into USB 2 ports they began to work flawlessly.

My Pc has the 2.0 USB port...

#18 tomfrost

tomfrost

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

Have you found a solution? I have the same problem with my HD300!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users