3 replies to this topic

#1 paulg2

paulg2

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

not sure what to buy dt50 or lt2 ? I have been hearing good things about both. Just couriouse what others have bought and their thoughts? 

#2 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

I don't know about the Speaker (I'm sure it kicks) but the DT50 I been enjoying alot lately.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "The Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#3 Metalchef

Metalchef

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

I own a DT50 2x12 Combo and the L3t and love them both but I'd have to say I enjoy playing through my DT a little more but the quality of the pod hd500 thru the L3T is mind blowing as well. I can see where with a live situation that doesn't have a FOH system you would need more than one L3T ( big club /auditorium/) but for my house and little jam sessions it kicks butt.
Yes I hear the cries of the carrots.... For it is harvest day and to them it is the Holocaust..... So I say let the rabbits wear glasses....

#4 Rewolf48

Rewolf48

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:58 AM

If you have acoustic sounds or mic going through the HD500 then you need a full range output so you need the L2/3, so the decision is made for you.

If you are only playing electric guitar through the HD500 then the DT may be a little better.

In my case I play about half the set with JTV acoustic sounds so I use some FRFR speakers which I got before the L series speakers were announced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users