Best Answer silverhead , 11 November 2013 - 03:38 PM
First thing to recognize is that Workbench HD works only with the JTV/Workbench hardware interface device; it does not work with the JTV connected via VDI to your HD500. So I would suggest the following connections:
- JTV -> Workbench h/w interface -> computer running Workbench HD
- JTV 1/4" output -> HD500 Guitar In. Make sure your JTV battery is adequately charged.
- monitors connected to HD500 outputs, with HD500 assigned as computer audio card
Then for workflow.......
- Download workbench patches, or create them, and edit them using Workbench. Monitor the sounds using HD500 presets. Tweak both WB models and HD presets as desired.
- When desired sounds have been achieved (and/or frequently along the way) download the WB patch into the desired model location on your JTV, and save the HD500 preset with the JTV model selected.
That should do it. You're ready to disconnect the computer, and reconnect your JTV to the HD500 using the VDI connection so that the JTV is controlled by your HD500 preset selections.Go to the full post