thewoodbutcher

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hi all

i own a dream rig pod hd500 dt25 head  4x12 cab and jt variax

my concern is what to do if and when the valves/tubes need replacing , hope this never happens at a gig !!!! and it fails 

how do i replace them never had a valve amp before always used solid state 

whats biasing etc and should it be done by line 6 service centre etc , but what happens if they fail during a gig ?

please help thanks 

#2 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Check this out by TheRealZap>>> http://line6.com/sup...e-biasing-tips/

I just recently asked this question>>>http://line6.com/sup...o-my-dt50-head/

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#3 ozbadman

ozbadman

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1689 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

This has some useful official stuff too:

http://line6.com/sup...50dt25-faq-r144

#4 MartinDorr

MartinDorr

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationArizona, U.S.A.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

Get a matched set of power tubes for your DT25.
Plug them in at home or practice room and check how bad they sound if not biased (it probably won't be bad).
Replace them with the original ones you had and store your replacement set in a save box for when you need them and don't worry anymore.
Once you really need them get them biased or do it yourselves after you get homw/back from your gig.

#5 stumblinman

stumblinman

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

Buy a matched quartet, install one pair and bias. Take the other pair and keep them with you at gigs so you can swap without hassle should a problem arise. Keep your original tubes as emergency backups to your backups.

#6 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

That sounds like "SOUND" advice Stumblinman. Thanks

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#7 MartinDorr

MartinDorr

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationArizona, U.S.A.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

Buy a matched quartet, install one pair and bias. Take the other pair and keep them with you at gigs so you can swap without hassle should a problem arise. Keep your original tubes as emergency backups to your backups.

Nice improvement to my simple approach ;-).

Will keep that in mind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users