#1 bdpalmbos

bdpalmbos

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hello All,

This past spring I purchased a used Epi Les Paul Custom that came with a POD XT Live. It took me a while to figure out how to use the POD and adjust the tones to what I wanted. But, after getting used to the POD and figuring it out I really like it. Last week while practicing I was having some sound issues. I would select the channel that I wanted and start playing and the sound would drop out. If I hit the same channel on the POD it would reset itself and I would have regular volume again for a few seconds and then it would drop out again. I switched guitars to make sure that the guitar was not the cause of the problem. Another issue that just started is a worbling sound when I am using any distortion. This past Sunday while playing at Church I was playing very soft at the end of the service and all of a sudden the volume just spiked out of nowhere........NOT COOL!!!  Any suggestions???? When practicing at home I am going through a DI box, and then directly into the powered mixer, at Church I play into an amp that is mic'ed up.

Thanks!

#2 dbaudrate

dbaudrate

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:13 AM

Wow, I'll bet the congregation thought the Spirit had really come down when that volume kicked in!   :D

The first think I do when I have weird issues with my XTL is reflash the memory.   Seems to work for me.  

have you connected the board to your computer before?

#3 bdpalmbos

bdpalmbos

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Yes, I have plugged in my POD to my computer to create tones.....but have never messed with anything to do with the memory.

#4 dbaudrate

dbaudrate

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

Make sure you've saved off the contents of your POD as a bundle, or just the individual patches that you've created before you reflash the firmware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users