11 replies to this topic

#1 CameBack

CameBack

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

Hi everybody, I would appreciate some help.

I bought a new 2G SD card for my (second hand) Spider Jam. I can't make the machine recognize the card (although it shows card in - card out). No card menu, so I cannot update firmware or play stored (by computer) data. The machine is in mint condition and seems to operate flawlessly. I formatted the card by computer before I used it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15392 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

did you format it FAT32 or NTFS?

it has to be fat32 to work correctly.

#3 rickking643

rickking643

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

I'm having the same problem. My card is formatted FAT without #32 and when I select ok to save rec to wav I get a card read error. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15392 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:42 AM

can you format it from the spider jam? (i dont have one)

#5 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

I think you should format the card with the Spider Jam. Anyway that's how I did it and no problems since the last update was released.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "The Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#6 Blubarb

Blubarb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

Having some problem wit the SD card.  Formatted it via Spider Jam but when I go to use it (that is, listen to a backing track saved to the SD from my Mac) I get Wrong File Format...Must be a WAV file.  I have converted the MP3 to WAV using Audacity.  Any ideas on the process to get it up and running?  Cheers. 

#7 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

Ok, I do believe the WAV file must be in Mono. Make sure it's a mono wav file, I made this mistake the very first time I tried it. Also you can play your songs from your iPhone,Mp3 Player, iPod or other source through the CD/Mp3 port and might be able to capture the song with the Spider Jam and then save it to the SD Card as a wav file or the other file (JM4). Just make sure when you use the CD/Mp3 port, Aux. or Mic Port that the levels are adjusted to were you need them. Do this by making sure the level is turned down and work your way up so you don't blast yourself.

Before you record you need to press and hold the record select button and choose which path to record by selecting one of the 2 options by turning the wheel.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "The Playlist"

#8 Blubarb

Blubarb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

Yes the WAV file is in Mono and at 44100 HZ.   Still, when the SJ tries to read it it responds with "wrong file format".  In Audacity preferences I selected WAV (Microsoft) signed 16bit PCM.  It seems odd that it would be WAV (Microsoft) given that it is being converted on a Mac. 

#9 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:43 AM

I'm not sure whats going on there with your conversion, sounds like your doing it as right as you can. Maybe you should try to record the song directly to the SJ and then save it as a wav file to the SD Card?

#10 Blubarb

Blubarb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

Yep.  I'll contact support as well and then report back.  Thanks, Brazzy.

#11 Blubarb

Blubarb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

Update.  Heard from Line6 support and they asked me to check that I wasn't converting in 2 channels as SJ will only see a single channel.  I realise now that I was only selecting MONO INPUT and not MONO OUTPUT.  To convert to mono I had to select the track by clicking in its Track Control Panel then click Tracks > Stereo Track to Mono. This mixes in data from both channels to one mono track without clipping.   

#12 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

Glad to hear you have the answer and got it going. Thanks for the update Blubarb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users