#1 Willabz

Willabz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Hi Everyone!

I have recently purchased several replacement THH12 microphones. They are point blank refusing to work with the original recievers. XD-V55 .

The RF interference meter goes completely red when turning on the new microphones.

I've checked the RF1 and RF2. Everything including other THH12's are on RF2.

We have 8 THH12 microphones and recievers. Worked great till a couple were damaged and like I said the new ones are just refusing to work.

Any suggestions? Do I have to do something to the receiver (obviously if the transmitter is on 10 the receiver is on 10...)

Hope you can help

Will

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

Aargh !  :blink:

Sorry if this is going over ground you've already covered, Will...

…but, when you say that...

...I've checked the RF1 and RF2. Everything including other THH12's are on RF2...

…Have you also tried the "unexpected" by actually setting your new handhelds to RF1, then switching them on and waiting for a subsequent "handshake" to occur with their "companion" receivers ?

(...That all need to be, as you've said, set to the same channel as each of those newer handhelds.)

#3 Willabz

Willabz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

No idea what I've done but everything is now working!

Thanks for your time, It's all a bit weird but at least everythings happy again!

Will

#4 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

...Do I have to do something to the receiver…?

I should have included this in my first response, but NO, you shouldn't.

All being well, the receivers should simply detect and switch to whichever frequency scheme (RF1 or RF2) you've decided is best for your application ...and then selected at your transmitters, ...the major "no-no" being that a given venue cannot have both schemes interoperating.

It can only ever be either RF1 or RF2 for all co-located XD-V systems.

The weird thing now is that your XD-V55 receivers seem to be "stuck" in one mode, something I don't understand at all, …unless you (maybe) hadn't waited long enough for the initial "handshakes" to occur when you first powered up your newer handhelds, all shiny and pristine, "straight out of the box". 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users