3 replies to this topic

#1 schaper

schaper

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

Hi, I recently switched to batteries when using my Variax Acostic 700. I assumed that the guitar should turn off when I disconnect the cable. Yet the green light stays on, and I assume the batteries are still draining. so I have to uncrew the back cover and disconnect the battery pack manually when I'm done playing. This is very frustrating... and it's not the supposed behavior, right? Any help is appreciated..

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5289 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:28 AM

Yeah, it should turn off when you unplug the cable. It could be something relatively simple like a loose connection or a faulty relay, but it's not expected behavior.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

Yes it should turn off when you unplug the 1/4 inch cable.  There is a switch in the jack that powers it up.  Maybe that switch is stuck closed.

#4 schaper

schaper

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for the replies, guys, I've unscrewed the female jack assembly and there are three contacts (look like bent metal strips) around the place where jack plugs in. When I press the first one (the one closest to the entry point), the green light goes out. I guess this contact needs to be closed when the jack is out, thus turning the guitar off, and mine had become loose. Can anyone confirm that this is correct, and I'm not just short-circuiting my Variax? :) Really appreciate your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users