#1 jcifu37

jcifu37

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

Dear Fellas:

I have a FPP (FLOOR POD PLUS) and a VYZEX Software last version (2.01) that I downloaded from this Line 6 Site (Everything is running in a Windows 7 Platform). I got communication (Midi Led and USB leds on the INTERFACE show activity is ON) with my computer (Acer with USB and Windows 7 Platform Updated) through a midi Plug & Play interface from China (Cavo ADATTATORE USB MIDI), BUT I cannot download completely the Custom Tones to the FPP from my computer.

I could get the communication ONLY changing the parameters of MIDI PORTS MANUALLY in the software (Only way to be able to see a kind of communication) and connecting MIDI in cable to OUT in FPP and MIDI out cable to IN in the FPP (Cross Communication). I downloaded some CUSTOMS TONES (from this site) in my computer and once I try to Download these to my FPP it shows me (in the computer) That it IS DONE, But at the same time when I click “STORE” or “STORE IN” in the software the FPP is not changing its settings (Red Leds stay where they were previously). When I move my Pedal in the FPP there is activity in the Blue LED of the INTERFACE (showing me, there IS communication & activity), But when I try to download a custom tone it does NOT work (does not affect the settings physically in the FPP). Also even I got a kind of communication; I have never been able to do a "SYNC SET from FPP". Is suspect this FACT has a relationship with the FACT I cannot Download the Custom tones physically to my FPP....

If someone has any idea that can HELP me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks and keep making music a way to endure life!!

The Best !!, Jaime C.

#2 Mr_Arkadin

Mr_Arkadin

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2610 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

My first guess would be that cheap USB to MIDI lead. Get the recommended M-Audio MIDISport Uno and try that. Cheap devices can often send some data giving the appearance of working but fall down on the finer points, like SysEx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users