So today I go to get into POD HD Edit and the program tells me I have to update. No problem I think, and head over to the monkey. Sure enough, it says my firmware needs to be updated, and it can't determine my current version but wants me to update to firmware 2.10. I click update and that's when the fun began.
I got this message:
"Update timed out waiting for response from device"
So I went through it again (and again and again etc...) and still, no joy. I downloaded a file called p18.phf and got the same results.
Along the way:
- It informed me my patches may not work and to consult some place for more info. I'm not far enough along to be worried that much over presets yet.
- I tried saying DON't save the patches
- I tried saving the patches first
- I tried from the Internet
- I tried from that file
- I got REALLY pissed off because I wanted to work on what I was wanting to do, and not screw with computers today. I code the things for a living!
So anyone have a vague clue where to go from here, short of ditching the whole thing? I am half serious too...my "regular" guitars, amps, effect pedals just work and don't require me to upload or download squat. I MIGHT have to change a string or a tube. Maybe. But I NEVER have to screw with a computer to get something done, ever.