Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I Knew It Was Too Good To Last...

smrybacki

So today I go to get into POD HD Edit and the program tells me I have to update.  No problem I think, and head over to the monkey.  Sure enough, it says my firmware needs to be updated, and it can't determine my current version but wants me to update to firmware 2.10.  I click update and that's when the fun began.

I got this message:

"Update timed out waiting for response from device"

Well $%^...

So I went through it again (and again and again etc...) and still, no joy.  I downloaded a file called p18.phf and got the same results.  

Along the way:

- It informed me my patches may not work and to consult some place for more info.  I'm not far enough along to be worried that much over presets yet.

- I tried saying DON't save the patches

- I tried saving the patches first

- I tried from the Internet

- I tried from that file

- I got REALLY pissed off because I wanted to work on what I was wanting to do, and not screw with computers today.  I code the things for a living!

So anyone have a vague clue where to go from here, short of ditching the whole thing?  I am half serious too...my "regular" guitars, amps, effect pedals just work and don't require me to upload or download squat.  I MIGHT have to change a string or a tube. Maybe.  But I NEVER have to screw with a computer to get something done, ever.

Well, double #$%^...

I guess I just needed to unplug and restart the POD...

Hmm, never had to do that with an amp yet.....

As I said, I code the things (and fight there internal dragons) every work day so I get sick of it after a while...hopefully, this is a simple anomaly and not a trend...

Oh, I forgot to add that I forgot what the hell I was going and that inspiration disappeared in an actual puff of smoke.,..just sayin'....

And you guys have never been frustrated by any Line6 gear?

OK, but half of what I posted was tongue in cheek anyway.

In any event, there was no good reason for my gear to do that today for no apparent reason, but whatever. I did learn that the first order of business is to shut it down and try again so it's not all bad.

Sorry Bro. I was only kidding with u. I too have had some frustrations but have found all of them can be worked out through patience, double and triple checking and some valium.

Lol...It's all good man... We all learn the most when something is wrong and we have to solve it. I'd only been up an hour, one coffee on board and a bit of a hangover and wasn't in the mood. Actually all in all I have loved my POD HD500/JTV59 combination immensely.

Has that ever happened to you, just flaked out like that?

Oh god yes. I have horrible adult onset ADHD. I know what your thinking. I didn't think it affected adults either but it does. Once I got medicated everything became less frustrating and I could concentrate. What felt like a 5 year guitar rut was broken just like that so if any of u adults out there feel like u can't concentrate. Or things like u have to reread things a lot to get the meanings of them. U sit down to practice but can't concentrate on one thing long enough to improve. If this describes you It may do u well to talk to your family Dr. About it. I know since I started medication for it I've been Able e to grow exponentially on guitar and have had 0 flaky frustrating episodes.

Oh god yes. I have horrible adult onset ADHD. I know what your thinking. I didn't think it affected adults either but it does. Once I got medicated everything became less frustrating and I could concentrate. What felt like a 5 year guitar rut was broken just like that so if any of u adults out there feel like u can't concentrate. Or things like u have to reread things a lot to get the meanings of them. U sit down to practice but can't concentrate on one thing long enough to improve. If this describes you It may do u well to talk to your family Dr. About it. I know since I started medication for it I've been Able e to grow exponentially on guitar and have had 0 flaky frustrating episodes.

Lol you gotta love the Internet... I meant the POD but yeah, that happens with me to.

I put it down to smart phones and computers in all seriousness. E all spend so much time multitasking now, it's nearly impossible to hyper focus in on one thing for very long. Research is baring this out as well...