6 replies to this topic

#1 clay-man

clay-man

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

I just noticed the HD500 doesn't have any phantom power? That's bad.

Well, if that's the case, can I just throw one of these between the mic and the 500?

https://www.google.c...ed=0CMAEEKkrMAA

For a minute there, I lost myself.

Radiohead_bear-728286%5B1%5D.png 

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5549 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Yep, that will work.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15720 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

the pro has phantom power... not that you were asking... but it's still good to know. (one of the few differences)

#4 ext1jdh

ext1jdh

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

the floor units are commonly used on stage, where dynamic mics are king, and phantom power is not needed

pqpy.jpg
4ntm.jpg
9s6v.jpg
isnq.jpg

#5 clay-man

clay-man

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

As lovely as the Pro is, I'd prefer a floor unit with expression pedals.

I need a stompbox control setup.

The thing is though, I'd use it live and studio. Live is only pseudo-live though, as I preform online streams, not stage gigs. Basically that means using a Studio setup live, mic and guitar at the same time.

#6 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15720 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

I use mine just like this... via the FBVMKII shortboard...

its actually a bit of insurance as well... the gear in the front of the stage is just a simple controller.. much easier to replace if bad things happen...

you can also add a second expression to the floorboard, and use the floorboard for controlling midi etc in your daw when not using it with your rig.

obviously... this adds a couple hundred dollars... for few new features (phantom power, spdif in and out, dry out)

i like the format in my studio setting.... racked up right in front of me on the desk.

As lovely as the Pro is, I'd prefer a floor unit with expression pedals.

I need a stompbox control setup.

The thing is though, I'd use it live and studio. Live is only pseudo-live though, as I preform online streams, not stage gigs. Basically that means using a Studio setup live, mic and guitar at the same time.

Attached Files

#7 clay-man

clay-man

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

I use mine just like this... via the FBVMKII shortboard...

its actually a bit of insurance as well... the gear in the front of the stage is just a simple controller.. much easier to replace if bad things happen...

you can also add a second expression to the floorboard, and use the floorboard for controlling midi etc in your daw when not using it with your rig.

obviously... this adds a couple hundred dollars... for few new features (phantom power, spdif in and out, dry out)

i like the format in my studio setting.... racked up right in front of me on the desk.

That's too much out of my price range. a POD HD 500 is already pushing it. I'm hoping to pick up one on ebay for 300-400 USD.

After that I can just spend 20 USD on a phantom power box. I'm just a bit disapointed that something that costs that much doesn't have a phantom power supply switch.

I'd rather not have to use my Fast Track Pro in conjunction with the HD500 when recording. It'll add latency, I'm sure.

I will be using it to get the HD500's MIDI though, but MIDI and audio are separate things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users